Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New rules

New rules

https://www.idpa.com/announcements/n...XMFNnNJF2N0HnU

Several more changes in the links above but these are the equipment changes

A.1 Stock Service Pistol Division (SSP)
    o Added A.1.3.7 - "Compensated/ported firearms with a non-compensated/ported barrel installed.”
    o A.1.4.4 – added text “NO magwells allowed that can be removed and reinstalled. Factory or aftermarket."
    o A.1.4.8 – changed “Compensated/ported firearms with non-compensated/ported barrels installed." to “Compensators of any kind or ported barrels"

A2. Enhanced Service Pistol Division (ESP)
    o A.2.3.1 – Added text “Allowances and Restriction in”
    o Added A.2.3.2 – “Ported barrels”
    o Added A. 2.3.3 – “Compensator and Muzzle devices incorporated into the firearm. Screw on or removable attachments that are pinned on are not permitted.”
    o Added A.2.3.4 – “Aftermarket magazine base pads may be used provided they do not make the magazine weight more than 1.00 oz. over the same capacity factory
    magazine."

And bear in mind that CO is just ESP with a dot and CCP is just a smaller ESP.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

This is HUGE. I don't know how they will enforce it or where they will draw the line, but I applaud the intent.

8 EQUIPMENT RULES
    8.1 Firearms – General
    Equipment: All equipment used in Defensive Pistol divisions at matches must meet the following simple guidelines:
    equipment must be practical for self-defense use. It must be suitable for all-day continuous wear and concealed. And
    must be worn in a manner that would be suitable for all-day continuous wear. The match director will be REQUIRED to
    disallow any equipment that does not meet these simple criteria. If you wouldn't carry it in public to defend yourself,
    you can't shoot or use it in a Defensive Pistol division for competition. [1] Another criterion used to assess gear will be to
    ask how this would appear to patrons in a local shopping mall or supermarket in regions where open carry is not
    permitted. If you can conceal your pistol holster with a light windbreaker and comfortably draw your pistol while seated
    in an automobile with bucket seats, your holster is probably okay. [2] -- Reference: [1] & [2] IDPA Official Rulebook 10-
    26-96
    Equipment Guidelines: Gear permitted for Defensive Pistol competition must be specifically designed for everyday carry
    (NOT for range or competition use) and must be completely concealed. This includes firearm accessories, aftermarket
    parts, holsters, ammunition carriers, and garments that are not otherwise specified in the current rulebook.
    Regional Coordinators in consultation with HQ will review and decide which equipment best meet IDPA criteria to assist
    Area Coordinators and Match Directors as needed. This will be determined by a combination of reviewing manufacturer
    websites, industry surveys, and visiting public venues to determine whether a product is compatible with the principles
    of the sport.
    8.1.1 Divisi

Site Supporter
    Unfortunately I don't see those gear rules eliminating the fishing vests. If I'm reading right, porting and integral comps like the Macro are now legal in ESP, CO, and CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Unfortunately I don't see those gear rules eliminating the fishing vests. If I'm reading right, porting and integral comps like the Macro are now legal in ESP, CO, and CCP.
    Where does it say that in CCP? Same as ESP, I guess?

A.4.1 Handguns permitted for use in CCP must
    A.4.1.1 Be semi-automatic.
    A.4.1.2 Use 9 mm (9x19) or larger cartridges.
    A.4.1.3 Barrel length 4 ⅜” or less.
    A.4.1.4 The unloaded firearm with the heaviest magazine must weigh 38.00 oz. or less.
    A.4.1.5 The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IDPA gun test box measuring 7 ¾” x 5 ⅜” x
    1 ⅜”.
    A.4.1.6 Handguns, associated modifications, restrictions, holsters, magazine carriers, calibers, start condition,
    and division capacity shall be compliant with ESP Division requirements, except as noted or restricted in
    items A.4.1.1 thru A.4.1.5 above.
    A.4.2 Start Condition
    A.4.2.1 Single action only firearms will start cocked and locked. (Hammer cocked, safety engaged).
    A.4.2.2 Selective DA/SA firearms may start cocked and locked or de-cocked, at the shooter’s discretion.
    A.4.2.3 DA, DAO, or striker fired firearms with a de-cocking lever or button will be de-cocked using the lever or
    button.
    A.4.2.4 DA, DAO, or striker-fired firearms may have a manual safety engaged at the shooter’s discretion.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Where does it say that in CCP?

A.4.1 Handguns permitted for use in CCP must
    A.4.1.1 Be semi-automatic.
    A.4.1.2 Use 9 mm (9x19) or larger cartridges.
    A.4.1.3 Barrel length 4 ⅜” or less.
    A.4.1.4 The unloaded firearm with the heaviest magazine must weigh 38.00 oz. or less.
    A.4.1.5 The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IDPA gun test box measuring 7 ¾” x 5 ⅜” x
    1 ⅜”.
    A.4.1.6 Handguns, associated modifications, restrictions, holsters, magazine carriers, calibers, start condition,
    and division capacity shall be compliant with ESP Division requirements, except as noted or restricted in
    A.4.2 Start Condition
    A.4.2.1 Single action only firearms will start cocked and locked. (Hammer cocked, safety engaged).
    A.4.2.2 Selective DA/SA firearms may start cocked and locked or de-cocked, at the shooter’s discretion.
    A.4.2.3 DA, DAO, or striker fired firearms with a de-cocking lever or button will be de-cocked using the lever or
    button.
    A.4.2.4 DA, DAO, or striker-fired firearms may have a manual safety engaged at the shooter’s discretion.

Yes, that 8.1 has a greater content of pious platitudes and subjectivity than before.

Draw from a bucket seat? That could be interpreted to require belly button carry.

So my pistol that fits The Box and makes weight might arbitrarily be dismissed as not suitable for carry?

I have been shooting the same gun in IDPA ESP for 20+ years and I don't plan to change.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

So I guess the tungsten grip inserts that come in Sigs have to be removed?

8.1.7 Non-IDPA-Legal Features and Modifications for All Divisions
    8.1.7.1 The following features and modifications are not allowed in any division unless otherwise specifically allowed
    in the rulebook.
    8.1.7.2 Add-on weights that have no legal operational function other than providing weight

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Yes, that 8.1 has a greater content of pious platitudes and subjectivity than before.

Draw from a bucket seat? That could be interpreted to require belly button carry.

So my pistol that fits The Box and makes weight might arbitrarily be dismissed as not suitable for carry?

I have been shooting the same gun in IDPA ESP for 20+ years and I don't plan to change.
    It just isn't real clear. If they are actually talking about guns, and not just gear a lot of people will be mad. Like X5 Legion owners. Not sure if that is what they mean or not.

User Tag List