Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Upgrade - For those not registering

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    GOA wants you to send them money....
    [snort]

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Cliff Notes?
    Donate to GOA… fear!

I’m sorry, but while I understand what he is saying… I know lawyers. I also know trade shows. People from ATF that are at SHOT likely aren’t the ones who wrote or is implementing the rule. They are people that heard Vegas, and have enough seniority to go.

The background stuff… I have such a unique last name that I never had an issue with a background check. I also include my social, because I regularly have to deal with people who are no-matches to NCIC hits at work. We can’t do that strictly off a social, but it makes it easier to narrow it down. You’d be shocked how many people have similar names with identical DOBs.

The other part, and why I said fear in the first sentence… it’s like we never had an amnesty before this. Everyone was worried about the MG amnesty, but what happened? People registered undocumented MGs, got them on the registry… and they weren’t seized. While I agree the current ATF is scary in regards to being political, I think they would be screwed if they did all this to unilaterally seize a bunch of guns. That would be worse than Ruby Ridge, Waco and Fast/Furious all combined.

Now, I’m not saying registering them is the answer or even the answer for everyone. If the owner was going to SBR the pistol, I don’t see a better to opportunity to do so. Look at the entire situation, and evaluate your place in it. Make your decision off that, not a lawyer trying to get you worried to donate to GOA.

My $0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Let's see, first the ATF said pistol braces were okay, some time passes, then the ATF said pistol were not okay, some time passes again, then ATF said pistol braces were okay again, some time passes and now the ATF is saying pistol braces are not okay. All from a weaponized federal government agency that can't legally write laws only enforce laws. What they are doing is illegal as hell. Next they will come for *your* AR, and any high-cap rifle or pistol mags that you own plus a whole lot more. They have a step by step by step plan over time to ban ****************** ALL ******************** FIREARMS. And if there are many gun owners with a defeatist {the house always wins} attitude likes yours they will absolutely success.
    I’m not saying the ATF didn’t shit everyone by saying they were ok I’m saying the brace was made with the purpose to get around the NFA. The house is winning if you didn’t notice regardless of mine or your attitude.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Do you guys remember the third season of The Wire when Major Colvin gave the briefing where he explained how enforcing public drinking laws negatively impacted everyone so that when people started putting beers in brown paper bags, the cops got to look the other way and do actual police work? That’s how I always looked at pistol braces. They’re like putting a 40 in a brown paper bag so you can keep drinking in public without having to go inside and the police can pretend you aren’t. Putting a brace on a pistol was like that. You could have your short barreled rifle without having to deal with the NFA hassles and the feds could pretend you weren’t violating the NFA. What happened with all the “mother may I” letters and all the videos and advertisements of people shouldering braces was the equivalent of the guys drinking out of brown paper bags walking up to patrol cars and yelling at the officers “look I’m actually drinking in public.” No one should be surprised that DOJ eventually decided to stop ignoring the blatant violations of the NFA.

I understand that the first brace was a device to allow disabled shooters to fire AR pistols with one hand. I’m sure a couple of thousand people with disabilities purchased them for that reason. Pretty much every brace that came after that was bullshit, except maybe the Tailhook since that thing actually worked well to support the gun one handed. Of the 10 million people out there with braced pistols, 9,990,000 of them bought braces to violate the NFA, not because they used them to shoot AR and AK pistols one handed. I’m hoping that this all eventually leads to the Supreme Court finding short barreled rifles are a firearm in common use and we can just do away with the NFA completely, but that doesn’t change the laws as they sit today.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Completely agree that the NFA should be ditched. However, if you're implying that I've violated the NFA because a brace touched my shoulder, I call bullshit.

Just my brace rant… why would they want people with AR pistols to shoot LESS ACCURATELY?!?! Without a brace, they are pushing the SPRAY N PRAY method…. OK, I’ll step off the soap box now

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto9 View Post
    At the end of the day everyone should have seen this coming. The brace is to circumvent the NFA and the ATF was going to put a stop to it at some point. Just like the bump stocks are to circumvent full auto sears. The fucking house always wins in the long run.
    Baloney
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    GOA wants you to send them money....
    Who knows about that, but everytime you shop at Walmart you are probably giving some money to Communist China. LOL !!

The ATF created this mess, allowing all these things to be sold legally and now they want to try and fix it by making everyone a felon.
    All you really need to know is that Joe Biden and the extreme Democrat Communist Party, the DOJ, ATF and the gun grabbers want to ban ****** ALL ***** firearms overtime, in a step by step by step by step process. They ** hate ** all gun owners. Gun owners need to stay United as possible against our true enemies The blame game doesn’t get us anywhere and just divides us. There is nothing worse than a Democrat voting gun owner.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    the DOJ, ATF want to ban ****** ALL ***** firearms overtime, in a step by step by step by step process. They ** hate ** all gun owners.
    Do you have much (or any) experience with the DOJ and people who work there? You're painting with a broad, spittle-flecked brush which is not usually how things are done in reasonable discourse. Buying a cut-down rifle and installing a stock-by-another-name in order to use it as a rifle fired from the shoulder without registration is contrary to a reasonable reading of the NFA. The DOJ is there to enforce the laws. This can and should be fixed via Congress or the courts.

User Tag List