Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LAPD TAKES DOWN THIN BLUE LINE FLAG

Site Supporter

LAPD TAKES DOWN THIN BLUE LINE FLAG

I saw this on the early morning news. Complaints that the flag is racist prompted its removal. I associate the flag with fallen officers.

Site Supporter
    Didn't realize "Law Enforcement" is a race.

"Law Enforcement American" has a nice ring to it.

If I do volunteer work for my local PD, is that now considered "Cultural Appropriation"?

As someone who enjoys exploring new cultures through their foods, where's the best place to eat Law Enforcement food?

#icouldgoonforever
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I’m not a fan of the Thin Blue Line flag. The American flag should be the American flag.

However, this shows a level of cowardice that would be reason 7,345 of why I would flee the LAPD. Reed and Malloy are no longer the backbone of that agency.

Don’t be offended LAPD, there are plenty of other cowards out there. You are not alone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Didn't realize "Law Enforcement" is a race.

"Law Enforcement American" has a nice ring to it.

If I do volunteer work for my local PD, is that now considered "Cultural Appropriation"?

As someone who enjoys exploring new cultures through their foods, where's the best place to eat Law Enforcement food?

#icouldgoonforever

Somewhere that gives discounts, and will likely shorten both your life span and the lifespan of your uniform via stains and obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m not a fan of the Thin Blue Line flag. The American flag should be the American flag.
    Was the flag in question the blackened US flag with a blue line in the middle stripe or a black flag with just the blue line?

Just wondering for context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Was the flag in question the blackened US flag with a blue line in the middle stripe or a black flag with just the blue line?

Just wondering for context.

Here is a Fox story on it. Believe it was the US flag.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lapd-b...mist-views.amp

Then I agree… not a fan of those. My ex got me one, and it just didn’t seem right.

But if they had the true US flag, state flag, then the plain black flag with blue line… zero issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Then I agree… not a fan of those. My ex got me one, and it just didn’t seem right.

But if they had the true US flag, state flag, then the plain black flag with blue line… zero issue.
    I gotta agree with you… although I usually catch flack for my opinion on the matter… I never understood why some felt the need to modify the US flag (please don’t construe my thoughts as anti-police/or that I don’t support LE)… the subdued US flag has its place for military operations … but muting the standard colors on the US flag just doesn’t sit well. I dunno, maybe I’m a purist…

Site Supporter
    Yeah, while it doesn't seem to directly violate the US Flag Code...the thin blue (red/green) line flag just seems...wrong.

I won't have one...

pat

This started at my station. Last month a random member of the public came in and complained about the blue line flag hanging above the front desk. It had been there over 8 years and nobody has said anything. It was ordered removed last week hence the current news.

User Tag List