Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal Tactical same as Flight Control?

Federal Tactical same as Flight Control?

I was digging through my old ammo stash and found a case of Federal Tactical buckshot (LE132 00). They are in blue and grey boxes. I’ve had the ammo sitting for about 15-20 years!!! I Googled the product number and it now comes back to Federal Flight Control.

I’ve recently found new interest in shotguns and heared that the FC are the go-to rounds for buckshot as far as tight patterns. Does anyone know if my old shells are the same or has the technology advanced over the years? Should I pattern my 1301 with the rounds I have or should I invest in a case of FC’s… if I can even find them anywhere!?!?

I'm not exactly sure when the FED FC came out. I would guess that is the 2nd gen of the reduced recoil defensive/tactical load. The first was H132 in the early, mid 90s, followed by the LE132. 9 copper plated pellets, stacked differently, with a buffer material (grex?).

Easy way to find out is to cut one open. The FC wad is pretty distinctive.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Go out and pattern what you have. If it patterns well and you’ve already got a stack of it, then you’re set. If it doesn’t pattern well then buy some FC and shoot this stuff off in practice or training.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I seem to recall but I cannot vouch for this memory, that I had Federal Tactical and Flight Control in a Given's shotgun class. The Tactical did not pattern has well as the Flight Control. That was a few years ago and I might be yelling at a cloud.

May help: https://le.vistaoutdoor.com/ammuniti...t/default.aspx

May not include skus that are contract loads or not commercially available. No tactical line published on commercial side.

Just looked at some old (mid-90s?) cases, 2-3 box designs ago. Marked tactical, sku LE13200. Funny, they have an add-on round black sticker on each box that reads "features new flitecontrol wad". Probably ought to shoot that.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

It could have the same product # and not be Flite Control if it is old enough. Currently, that product number (LE13200) is a FC load.

As already mentioned, just cut one open. The FC wad is a long white cylinder looking thing before it has been fired.

Name:  0ABB3456-1F6E-4F6D-B1FA-DEFFD45068AD.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  101.7 KB

As suggested I cut open a round, and they are not FLIGHT CONTROL wads…
    Name:  3701A8E8-9CFA-46AA-ADFD-9276FAC97D63.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  75.9 KB
    Name:  FCF5F52B-B9CD-42D3-87F8-38691D8190C0.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  64.4 KBName:  564553ED-38AD-4B4D-B8DF-C0417F535C1D.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  71.9 KB

Let us know how they pattern in your 1301. Mine didn’t really like the non-FliteControl Federal buck but, as Tom Givens says, every shotgun barrel is a unique and individual snowflake.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    If I recall correctly, Federal Tactical was originally just reduced recoil rounds. The name was changed because Tactical sounds cooler and we macho guys don't want no wimpy reduced recoil...but if if's Tactical, that's another story.

User Tag List