Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From Larry Correia: Internet Gun Culture Advice

From Larry Correia: Internet Gun Culture Advice

The International Lord of Hate strikes again: Internet Gun Culture Advice

Alright, here’s a bit of internet gun culture advice for an issue that I see on social media all the time. It’s gun people thinking they’re being helpful, but actually making everyone far stupider.
    Somebody posts a picture of a shot up target. This is usually a new person, who is proud of their group. Immediately a helpful gun person will show up and start offering diagnostic advice. You’re flinching. You’re jerking the trigger. There’s ghosts in your blood. You’re breaking your wrist up/down/left/hokey pokey whatever it don’t matter because it’s all bullshit.
    That’s because without context you can’t diagnose someone shooting problems just by looking at paper. Period.
    Experienced shooters will put up targets and say this is an Advanced Super Test, or this is a 2 second Bill Drill, or this is the such and such qual, or the FAST, which provides us contextual shorthand for the time/distance involved, and we’ll all go wow, damn dude, you fucking rock. But then inevitably along will come a guy who doesn’t own a shot timer to say “u must be jerking trigger cause that one is low” and then start lecturing us about breath control or some shit which causes my eye to twitch because that “problem” one was a .17 split so get off my back helpful internet rando.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Speaking of Larry In Defense of the Second Amendment It’s currently the #1 book in Political Freedom on Amazon.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The International Lord of Hate strikes again: Internet Gun Culture Advice
    If your rolling .17 splits, and hitting what you want, you don't care what the internet says. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    If your rolling .17 splits, and hitting what you want, you don't care what the internet says. Problem solved.
    He's working towards getting his FAST coin.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I don't disagree, but is he someone we should know?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Best selling author of Monster Hunters International as well as many other fictional fantasy series.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    He's a bestselling author- the guy behind the "Monster Hunter International", "Son of the Black Sword", "Grimnoir", and "Dead Six" books.

He's also a serious gun guy- he was a gun store owner before turning into a full time author.

There's a fair few fans of his on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    He's a bestselling author- the guy behind the "Monster Hunter International", "Son of the Black Sword", "Grimnoir", and "Dead Six" books.

He's also a serious gun guy- he was a gun store owner before turning into a full time author.

There's a fair few fans of his on this forum.
    I don’t remember reading his About Me before. That was a fun read.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I misread it as the Active Self Protection guy, oops!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I misread it as the Active Self Protection guy, oops!
    Same here.

User Tag List