Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by shaneruss View Post
    I should have clarified...my problem with the extractor clocking was because of a poorly fit FPS, and was that way out of the box. It was loose in both the slide and the extractor. Since fixing that I've had zero problems with the Tisas. Now I'm contemplating buying the Stingray in 9mm as well. Does anyone have opinions on the bobtail 1911's?
    The grip feels a little different but it is a nice feature for carrying.

On edit: I have a Dan Wesson CBOB, not a Stingray
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by shaneruss View Post
    I should have clarified...my problem with the extractor clocking was because of a poorly fit FPS, and was that way out of the box. It was loose in both the slide and the extractor. Since fixing that I've had zero problems with the Tisas. Now I'm contemplating buying the Stingray in 9mm as well. Does anyone have opinions on the bobtail 1911's?
    You were perfectly clear. I was just pointing out that the two parts should often be seen as a unit.

The Stingray is my first bobtail. It does aid in concealment. No downside in handling for me.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Yes. The pistol sits deep enough in the holster that the sight prevents it from seating fully. I think with the TT Gunleather any adjustable sight might be spicy but the JSOC is even more because it’s set forward.

I’ve attached a picture of the holster with a fixed sight Dan Wesson…
    Attachment 111942
    I was really set on getting one except for this. Now they have the enhanced duty gun...
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

I have a Tisas Duty model. Came up as trade fodder.

It’s a magwell away from becoming my TRP’s little ersatz sister.

Name:  IMG_3765.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  88.1 KB

It’s… okay. Kind of insane for the money, but as a 1911 without regard for price, it’s just in the “decent” side of things.

It is incredibly accurate… as in, it shoots groups on par with the TRP. Off bags, it hasn’t posted a group larger than two inches with any ammo except Golden Saber. My handloads hover near an inch and a quarter CTC at 25 yards.

Name:  IMG_3775.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  48.1 KB

185 Zeros over a light load of Clays will do this all day.

The safety and trigger fit is just “meh.” The trigger is amazing (4 lbs 2 oz with a medium rolling break), but the shoe fit is a little loose and there is no overtravel adjustment. The grip safety deactivates early, but the thumb safety is complete mush.

I have noticed pickiness about bullet profiles regardless of magazine brand.

On the bad side, the grip bushings seem a little “off.” In fact, there are a lot of little dimensions that seem just a little bit off. Every set of slabs I’ve put in this frame drop right onto Colts, Springfields, RIAs… but needed fitting on this frame.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Tisas Aviator is the 1911 configuration that I fell in love with as a GI Joe loving kid. Do want...

Name:  Screenshot_20231002-115923~2.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  27.8 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Cheap price on the bare bones GI model.

https://battlehawkarmory.com/product...328BUJJIEIM62C

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Two more observations: I tried several different grip sets and they all dropped right on, without fitting. The grip screws are now inch instead of metric.

Sample size of one MAC JSOC:

-Front strap checkering is pretty dull (meaning not very aggressive)
    -Grip safety allows the trigger to travel at 25-33% of total travel
    -Slide to frame fit has a little slop, but nothing too concerning
    -Barrel fit seems pretty tight
    -Safety detent is soft, but doesn't overtravel (unlike some Colts I could name)

-Factory grips were extremely tight on the pistol, but all my VZs fit right in
    -Grip screws seem to fit awfully proud with the VZs

It's no Dan Wesson, but it seems to be about the nicest 1911 I've handled short of a Dan Wesson.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Sample size of one MAC JSOC:

-Front strap checkering is pretty dull (meaning not very aggressive)
    -Grip safety allows the trigger to travel at 25-33% of total travel
    -Slide to frame fit has a little slop, but nothing too concerning
    -Barrel fit seems pretty tight
    -Safety detent is soft, but doesn't overtravel (unlike some Colts I could name)

-Factory grips were extremely tight on the pistol, but all my VZs fit right in
    -Grip screws seem to fit awfully proud with the VZs

It's no Dan Wesson, but it seems to be about the nicest 1911 I've handled short of a Dan Wesson.
    I agree with everything you said about features and issues… that reminded me - I thought the thumb safety detent seemed a little less positive than I like. I switched out the plunger assembly with aWolff spring and Ed Brown plungers I had laying around and it is worlds better.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I agree with everything you said about features and issues… that reminded me - I thought the thumb safety detent seemed a little less positive than I like. I switched out the plunger assembly with aWolff spring and Ed Brown plungers I had laying around and it is worlds better.
    I had the same experience. The thumb safety engagement seemed a bit easier on the engagement than I prefer, but it wasn't unsafe so I initially left it. But, when I had it broken down I decided to drop in a Wilson spring detent unit I had on hand. The difference was dramatic.

User Tag List