Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I looked at one last weekend. If I didn't already have several .45s, that no longer see much use due to arthritis, it would have come home with me. It seems to be an excellent alternative to a Springfield TRP.
    I've read nothing but good things about it
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I've read nothing but good things about it
    That and the D10 10mm sitting next to it sorely tempted me.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Whelp, my new sights for the Stingray should have come today. But, the Post Office, being the incompetent semi-government operation it is, decided they needed to sit in Wichita for an extra day. So, I decided to remove the original sigh5s tonight with my brand, very expensive MGW tool of Hephestas.

Name:  20240224_144503.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  62.9 KB

Even the tool of the gods couldn't move the rear sight. I'd soaked it for twenty four hours in Kroil, but no joy. Finally, I resorted to smashing the fucker off with a steel punch and a big hammer. The rear sight is now in the condition one would expect from such a Neanderthal method, but it's off. Fortunately, the front sight came right off with the MGW.

Name:  20240226_182316.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  27.0 KB

Note: the sights remove from right to left, or, from ejection port to off side with the muzzle pointed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    He's absolutely right. As I've often said, almost everything past the grip screws may need fitting.

Don't kid yourself!

I've had to file grip screws that have protruded into the magwell before. Even those little suckers may need some fitting.

Everything on a 1911 may potentially need to be fit depending on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Got a jonesing for a MAC JSOC. Just for something different. Read thru the entire post here and scoured the intertrash for all I was able to find. Any recent/additional feedback would be appreciated. Being retired makes me contemplate my purchases more. Lol. Thanks
    I'm also eyeballing the JSOC as a first 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Don't kid yourself!

I've had to file grip screws that have protruded into the magwell before. Even those little suckers may need some fitting.

Everything on a 1911 may potentially need to be fit depending on the gun.
    Everyone needs a little hope.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Being retired makes me contemplate my purchases more.
    Same here. I can no longer justify anything that is priced too good to be true, because 90% of the time, that ends up costing me more money than if I had kicked in a few more bucks up front.

Plus, my best home gunsmithing days are in the rear view mirror along with my good vision; fixing crap on my own is far less recreational/thereapeutic than it used to be..
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I picked up a Tisas B9 Carry (9mm Combat Commander) for a $350 in December.

That's literally the least amount of money I have ever paid for a 1911 platform pistol. It felt almost criminal.

I haven't shot it yet, but just inspecting it I'm absolutely blown away with the quality.

Site Supporter

Tisas Carry

Went to the local indoor range Sunday to test magazines and function with the Wolfe 20lb. recoil spring I installed. I loaded 30 magazines with one round each, chambering each round from slide lock and removing the magazine to conduct the 10-8 extractor test. Everything functioned perfectly.

I then reloaded the magazines with one round each, leaving the magazine in the pistol to test lockback. Again perfect function.

I put 9 230gr. Federal HST through it to check POI/POA with them and the front sight I had installed, no issues there. I fired another 60 rounds and called it a day.

I have changed the front sight, tensioned the extractor slightly, and changed the recoil spring to a Wolfe 20lb. spring and changed the grips. Really all personal preference items, rather than anything that was a problem with the pistol.

It prefers Chip McCormick Power Mags over Wilson 47D's. I'm going to add a Wilson Bullet Proof Tactical Magazine release, as I prefer the slightly extended type over stock.

When I got home I detail stripped the pistol to inspect everything and there is no MIM in it and the machining is well above some higher end 1911's I owned. I'm very impressed with the pistol.
    Name:  60rds..jpg
Views: 148
Size:  46.0 KBName:  230HST.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  51.3 KB
    Last edited by MDFA; 02-27-2024 at 05:50 AM.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

This seems like a good deal. FYI for someone in the market:

https://sdsimports.com/1911-a1-us-ar...ource=omnisend

User Tag List