Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

I hit the 250 round mark on my Service model yesterday and it's been running like a sewing machine. I know the number is really low for P-F Standards, but it's been a nice journey so far. Plus no itch to change anything because it just works.

The biggest problem is that I really don't want to shoot anything else. It's such a fun gun to shoot and I hate I put off 1911s for so long.

I gambled on one of the new double stack 9mm, fit and finish were solid, lock up was great, accuracy was solid...reliability is lacking. It has extractor issues, is over sprung for a 9mm and not sure the factory magazines are in spec. It did not come close to passing the 10-8 test, and has not gotten better with hand cycling and 500 rounds of Nato spec 9mm. I am going to put another extractor and plate in, change the springs and see if that works. If not, factory parts are going back in and it will go back to Tisas.

Which Tisas 9mm double-stack?

Nightstalker? 5-inch? 4.25-inch?
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Which Tisas 9mm double-stack?

Nightstalker? 5-inch? 4.25-inch?
    5 inch Duty...I should have waited for the MAC...

The Tank Commander passed the 2500 round mark today. It's chugging right along.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The Tank Commander passed the 2500 round mark today. It's chugging right along.
    Thanks for rubbing it in...

Quote Originally Posted by Ethang View Post
    Thanks for rubbing it in...
    Choices and consequences, choices and consequences.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

So I jumped into the 9mm 1911 pool this weekend.

Name:  dutycarry9.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  58.6 KB

First 9 rounds of S&B 124 at 15 yards. I guarantee any of y'all could have kept them all on the bulleye.

Name:  first919119.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  32.0 KB

Ran 150 rounds of S&B and Magtech through it. Had two failures to feed, but it's related to one of the magazines. The feed lips are slightly too close, and the FTFs went away when I spread them a hair. LGS was out of 9mm 1911 mags, so had to work with only those two magazines. Trigger is super nice and ejection passed the 10-8 test.

Wonder9, I got the railed version of your Tisas. I replaced all the springs, put in a Wilson Bullet Proof Magazine Release which is slightly extended and replaced the ambi safeties with a Wilson Single Sided Thumb Safety. Mine also shoots well with a trigger much improved by a good cleaning and a Wilson Sear Spring.

Another thing that seems to be a good deal.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/tisa...-10100551.html

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

User Tag List