Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Has anyone tried the MAC JSOC in a Milt Sparks VM2?
    I haven't, but I use a VM2. Due to the positioning of the rear sight, I suspect you'll have issues with fit. A VM2 cut for an RDS would probably work.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I haven't, but I use a VM2. Due to the positioning of the rear sight, I suspect you'll have issues with fit. A VM2 cut for an RDS would probably work.
    That was my thought, just wanted to be sure before I either do or don't buy one of the many VM2s available.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

I'm really jonesing for a Stingray in 9mm. Only thing is I have never held a 1911 with the bobtail grip cut. Can you actually feel it? Does it make a difference in grip or how you grip the gun?

Thanks,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    I'm really jonesing for a Stingray in 9mm. Only thing is I have never held a 1911 with the bobtail grip cut. Can you actually feel it? Does it make a difference in grip or how you grip the gun?

Thanks,

Chris
    Yes, you can feel it. One thing it will do is force you to maintain your grip. Slack the grip and your shots fly low. On the positive side, it does aid in concealment and it's comfortable enough in hand. I prefer the standard frame, but I thinks that's me being a traditionalist more than anything else. It works as advertised, but it's not a feature I'll specifically seek out in future purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post

Thanks,

Chris
    I much prefer the bobtail on a carry gun. I’ve never had issues with grip position, and it’s easier to conceal.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I had occasional FTE with mine but installing a Wilson extractor solved that issue. I’ve got about 4,000 rounds down range and no issues with hard ball or jhps. It’s also exceptionally accurate, the WW2 sights and my flinching being the limiting factors. Groups are from a 25yd rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    I had occasional FTE with mine but installing a Wilson extractor solved that issue. I’ve got about 4,000 rounds down range and no issues with hard ball or jhps. It’s also exceptionally accurate, the WW2 sights and my flinching being the limiting factors. Groups are from a 25yd rest.
    Nub sights not much of a handicap to you! These Tisas are really cool
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

That's impressive with those sights.

Site Supporter
    Lmao dude what flinching?

That's some impressive shooting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I much prefer the bobtail on a carry gun. I’ve never had issues with grip position, and it’s easier to conceal.
    It does aid concealment but I agree with Trooper224. The issue with bobtail grips don’t necessarily manifest in casual shooting. It’s some thing that usually manifest working from a holster under time pressure.

User Tag List