Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Not sure what the grand total would be but Battlehawk has them for $615. So tempted

https://battlehawkarmory.com/product...feature-pistol
    They pissed me off with their return policies, so I choose not to give them my custom anymore.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    It’s inspired by ‘80s and ‘90s SFOD-D guns, many of which seem to have worn ambi safeties (see the photos I posted earlier). It’s not just about left handed people; it’s about being able to use either hand.
    Adjustable sights also. What's not too like if you just want a shooter. I only have one 1911 shooter these days. No ambi because it's a range toy. But ambi and adjustable sights never hurt anybody.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Nobody is going to carry a 1911 anyway. The ambidextrous safety isn't retro at all but it looks like they just want to sell pistols to lefty shooters who want to experience a 1911.
    I don’t know if the first sentence is tongue in cheek and that’s just not coming across via text, but you know there are plenty of people (including multiple active members on this forum) who do carry 1911s, right?

Edit - Nevermind what I said about safeties, I was looking at the wrong picture.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Nobody is going to carry a 1911 anyway.
    I guess you're right. I carry one all the time and I'm about as "nobody" as they get.

This thread was pretty informative far longer than most. Now it seems to be evolving into the typical bull shit.

Too bad.

Moving on.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    This thread was pretty informative far longer than most. Now it seems to be evolving into the typical bull shit.

Too bad.

Moving on.
    I hope you'll keep updating this as you observe anything of note and certainly when you get the slide back from Harrison etc.

This is the first thread I'm looking for re "New Posts".
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It looks like we have several members with JSOCs. How are they working out?

@MountainRaven? @SoCalDep? @Gary1911A1?

Not enabling or anything, but Family Firearms has them for $647 shipped OTD, no tax.
    Mine, a sample of one, works well with Wilson Magazines and Power Mags feeding 230gr FMJ. When I use the factory magazines I tend to get nosedives even with ball ammo. I think this is due to the feed ramp being off the 31.5 degree angle. I would think this would be easy to correct, but I've not read of Tisas correcting it.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To

Too bad.

Moving on.

Yep. Some folks just can’t resist the urge to pee in the pool.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Too bad.

Moving on.
    Please hang around - this thread has a wealth of information, a large part of it from you.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    The JSOC seems to be a lot of gun for the money assuming it works with at least ball ammo -- and so far it seems the guns run okay with ball. I have to give the company credit for taking a cool idea and going all the way to market with it. Someone at MAC must be at least somewhat tuned in to the 1911 culture to have thought of this whole project.

The other options for procuring something approaching a "unit gun" from that era are either quite pricy or involve a whole lot of do-it-yourself.

I find it curious they went with the LPA rear sight instead of a Bomar-style. Maybe the LPA was easier/cheaper to source.

If I had one of these I would slap on a pair of Herret's full-checkered stocks with beveled bottom and all just to make it even closer to the guns that inspired it.
    Last edited by Robinson; 03-04-2024 at 08:35 AM.

User Tag List