Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've read that as well. Tisas is now offering sights options of their own.
    It appears they have different styles but likely only offered OE height (no dimensions listed), my POI was quite low so I went with a shorter sight.
    I'd also wonder if the replacement sights offered are for the old cut or the updated cut

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    It appears they have different styles but likely only offered OE height (no dimensions listed), my POI was quite low so I went with a shorter sight.
    I'd also wonder if the replacement sights offered are for the old cut or the updated cut
    Since the sights being offered are OEM on current models, I'll make a guess and say they're for the proprietary dovetail. I'll know in about a week when new sights arrive for the Stingray.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I picked up a Stingray last week and went to the range. I got hit in the head with a few rounds. I saw in an earlier post someone said it might be the extractor clocking? I reload my own and they cycle just fine in my other pistols so I wasn't sure if I needed to increase my powder.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    I picked up a Stingray last week and went to the range. I got hit in the head with a few rounds. I saw in an earlier post someone said it might be the extractor clocking? I reload my own and they cycle just fine in my other pistols so I wasn't sure if I needed to increase my powder.
    Initially I got several brass to my noggin per mag, my extractor was very loose and clocking freely, I put in a Wilson bullet proof fps and extractor,
    the WC extractor is still a little looser than it should be but, light years better, I guess starting with an over sized extractor would be the way to go but, it's not clocking any more, passes the 10-8 extractor test, has never malfunctioned at all even prior to the parts change. Now, if I limp wrist it I might get one come at me but, only then.

Site Supporter

Tisas Carry

As I said in an earlier post, I installed a new Night Fision Tritium with Orange Ring Front Sight. I replaced the stock rubber grips with Hogue Rosewood Double Diamond. I didn't have any extraction or ejection issues, but the factory extractor had very little tension, so I tensioned it slightly. It shows a preference to 8 rd Power Mags over Wilson 47D's. Fit and finish is far above many more expensive 1911's that I've owned. Out of the box the trigger averages 4.7 lbs. I'm very impressed so far, especially for the price point.

Name:  Tisas Finished.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  81.1 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Initially I got several brass to my noggin per mag, my extractor was very loose and clocking freely, I put in a Wilson bullet proof fps and extractor,
    the WC extractor is still a little looser than it should be but, light years better, I guess starting with an over sized extractor would be the way to go but, it's not clocking any more, passes the 10-8 extractor test, has never malfunctioned at all even prior to the parts change. Now, if I limp wrist it I might get one come at me but, only then.
    Thanks for the info. I'm going try the range again and make sure it wasn't my grip. If I'm still having the issue, I will try the 10-8 extractor test before I start replacing parts. I'm still learning the 1911 platform and I want to verify "fps" means firing pin spring?
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm going try the range again and make sure it wasn't my grip. If I'm still having the issue, I will try the 10-8 extractor test before I start replacing parts. I'm still learning the 1911 platform and I want to verify "fps" means firing pin spring?
    Firing Pin Stop: the plate on the rear of the slide that retains the firing pin, it's spring and the extractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Firing Pin Stop: the plate on the rear of the slide that retains the firing pin, it's spring and the extractor.
    Thank you for the information. I tried Google and I kept getting feet per second information. I guess I should pick up a book on 1911's.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Got a jonesing for a MAC JSOC. Just for something different. Read thru the entire post here and scoured the intertrash for all I was able to find. Any recent/additional feedback would be appreciated. Being retired makes me contemplate my purchases more. Lol. Thanks
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Got a jonesing for a MAC JSOC. Just for something different. Read thru the entire post here and scoured the intertrash for all I was able to find. Any recent/additional feedback would be appreciated. Being retired makes me contemplate my purchases more. Lol. Thanks
    I looked at one last weekend. If I didn't already have several .45s, that no longer see much use due to arthritis, it would have come home with me. It seems to be an excellent alternative to a Springfield TRP.

User Tag List