Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    So I jumped into the 9mm 1911 pool this weekend.
    SNIP
    Finally got the Commander out to the range again today. I ordered five 9-round Mec-Gars and two 10-round Mec-Gars to go with the two OEM Checkmates. Shot 209 rounds of Magtech/S&B/Prvi through it. No problems at all. Brings round count up to 359.

Name:  tisascarry9comm.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  90.0 KB

I did adjust the grip safety tension on the mainspring for more tension though. I think I'm going to ditch the ambi-safety for a Wilson standard, some Hogue panels, and leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Is that a ramped, 9-round Metalform magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Is that a ramped, 9-round Metalform magazine?
    No, ID on baseplates:

USGI-style are Mec-Gar 9-rounds

Standard size polymer base plates are the Checkmates

Largest polymer base plates are the Mec-Gar 10-rounds

I really like the 10-round Mec-Gars because they feed, load easy, and have the anti-friction coating.

I bought one of the Tank Commanders about a year ago. Went through it and changed out the trigger, Lok grips, springs, guide rod, grip safety, hammer, and safety's. It has run with no bobbles after about 400 rounds so far. Only thing I really want to change still is the sights. The gun was so cheap, even with the added parts, still didn't spend as much as you would on a Colt or Springfield. Love shooting this thing, and don't have to worry about beating it up.

Went back to the range today since I got some free 1997 production Win M882 that was corroded as hell from sitting in a covered barn for 20+ years. Some had black corrosion so bad, they would not chamber even in a Beretta 92 barrel. I basically resorted to cleaning them in white vinegar and salt to clear it all off. Shot 150 rounds of that which resulted in 4 failure to fires due to dead primers. Other 146 rounds fired, but very inconsistent accuracy due to storage. Went into the shop, bought 100 rounds of S&B 124, and fired them off with no issues with normal accuracy.

So round count is at 605 rounds after the four dead rounds and two FTEs due to a magazine issue. Easily becoming one of my favorite handguns.

News about SDS which is Tisas USA's parent company:

SDS Imports Hires Christopher DiCenso as CEO

SDS Imports, the internationally recognized firearms manufacturer that provides high quality firearms at unrivaled value is pleased to announce that the company has hired Christoper DiCenso as the company’s CEO.

Chris brings over thirty years of experience to SDS, and most recently was a Managing Partner at Growth Strategy Partners where he specialized in helping mostly firearm and related companies accelerate their revenue, profit, and organizational growth. Chris has been the President of Camfour, started his career as a manufacturing engineer at Sturm Ruger, and competes regularly in IDPA, USPSA and 3-Gun matches.

”I met SDS Imports when I was the President of Camfour and was impressed with the company’s product offering, but more importantly their longer term view on customer relationships. SDS has a very strong foundation and I look forward to working with the owners and team.”

SDS Imports has five impressive firearm brands under its umbrella, Tisas USA, Tokarev USA, MAC, Inglis, and Spandau Arms, all which Chris twill look to help grow their sales and reach in the United States firearm market space.

Since 2017 the founding partners of SDS Imports have leaned on their experience in importation, manufacturing, and engineering to ensure a successful entry into the United States markets for these brands, and now with Chris’s unique set of skills will look to continue their company’s growth.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    News about SDS which is Tisas USA's parent company:

SDS Imports Hires Christopher DiCenso as CEO

SDS Imports, the internationally recognized firearms manufacturer that provides high quality firearms at unrivaled value is pleased to announce that the company has hired Christoper DiCenso as the company’s CEO.

Chris brings over thirty years of experience to SDS, and most recently was a Managing Partner at Growth Strategy Partners where he specialized in helping mostly firearm and related companies accelerate their revenue, profit, and organizational growth. Chris has been the President of Camfour, started his career as a manufacturing engineer at Sturm Ruger, and competes regularly in IDPA, USPSA and 3-Gun matches.

”I met SDS Imports when I was the President of Camfour and was impressed with the company’s product offering, but more importantly their longer term view on customer relationships. SDS has a very strong foundation and I look forward to working with the owners and team.”

SDS Imports has five impressive firearm brands under its umbrella, Tisas USA, Tokarev USA, MAC, Inglis, and Spandau Arms, all which Chris twill look to help grow their sales and reach in the United States firearm market space.

Since 2017 the founding partners of SDS Imports have leaned on their experience in importation, manufacturing, and engineering to ensure a successful entry into the United States markets for these brands, and now with Chris’s unique set of skills will look to continue their company’s growth.
    Is this a good thing or is this just the usual C-suite gobbledygook?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I started diagnosing my lighter than air JSOC today while stuck muted on work calls. I was getting hammer follow about 20% of the time. This is the one with the Wilson canned spring kit.

I did some light sear spring reforming, no better. So, I started reinstalling Tisas springs - first the hammer spring (still followed) and then adding in the sear spring which solved the issue. This left me with a 5.2# trigger.

Next step is reinstalling the Wilson reduced hammer spring and seeing if I get follow. If I don’t, I’m going to relieve the left side of the Wilson sear spring to remove any chance of frame drag and then start going Gumby on it. I’m not willing to admit defeat yet, and the ambi safety is getting easier to remove.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I stuffed the Wilson hammer spring back in, so at the moment the only non-Wilson spring in the JSOC is the Tisas sear spring. This gives me a very consistent 5# trigger and no hammer follow.

Next step is figuring out how to tune the Wilson sear spring or trying another. Does anyone have favorite sear springs? I’ve heard EGW relieves the left side to prevent frame drag.
    Finally got this resolved. I put in a new WC bulletproof series sear spring, and now have a nice consistent 4.25# trigger with no hammer follow. The springs ended up being a dog’s breakfast - Wolff main and recoil, Wilson plunger, magazine catch and sear springs. No Tisas springs left.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Is this a good thing or is this just the usual C-suite gobbledygook?
    Who knows? The fellow seems to have been around the Industry for awhile so he should be well versed in marketing and sales and QC and warranty practices. Or maybe he can't keep a job and keeps getting canned.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Mini Review: Tisas Duty 9mm w/ 1913 Rail (B9R)

So a trip to a gun shop for a H2 Buffer turned into a Tisas B9R. I wanted a Govt model in 9mm since I have a Govt in 45 and Commander in 9mm. I was more set on a USGI style, but the B9R is basically a black Raider clone so I swiped the plastic. Plus I want a 1911 with a 1913 rail. Cleaned it and got to the range today. Ended up shooting 200 rounds of S&B/Prvi/Fiocchi in 115 and 124. I had 3 FTFs out of the 200 rounds as pictured after a few rapid fire magazines.

Name:  stoppage.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  42.8 KB

Accuracy wasn't bad, but not as good as my Commander. This was the first 75 rounds at 15 yards. I was getting better towards the end of the session getting the hold right, but despite the lack of recoil, seemed lacking in accuracy consistency.

Name:  meh.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  42.2 KB

Other observations:

- The trigger is heavy. Trigger pull is in the 5.5-6lb range. May be contributing to poorer accuracy.
    - Ejection is inconsistent with a good amount of brass to face.
    - The trigger has a good amount of vertical play. May end up getting a short trigger to replace it.
    - The slide has some horizontal movement to the left. The top left-side frame rail has wear that is absent on the top right-side frame rail.
    - Hammer sounds crunchy/creaky when cocked. Will get into the innards to check for burrs/binding
    - I think I may invest in a TLR-9 specifically for this 1911.
    - Shooting a steel Govt 9mm feels more like the Time Crisis light gun instead of an actual firearm.

Overall, a little disappointed in the B9R in comparison to the Carry 9mm & Service 45. Will need some work, but it's a $450 1911.

User Tag List