Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: TISAS 1911s

I'm getting really tempted to get a railed B9R as the backup for my Colt.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A review of the military clone.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...s-1911-a1-asf/

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

After yesterday's range trip, I decided to do some tinkering on the B9R. I adjusted the sear spring to get the trigger down to 3.5lbs and took some tension off the extractor. Went back to the range and shot 170 more rounds through it. No malfunctions and ejection improved quite a bit. Still had occasional BTF, so will take some more tension off.

Accuracy was only slightly better despite the much improved trigger. I really think this may benefit from accurizing since it just can't keep up with my Commander and Govts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    After yesterday's range trip, I decided to do some tinkering on the B9R. I adjusted the sear spring to get the trigger down to 3.5lbs and took some tension off the extractor. Went back to the range and shot 170 more rounds through it. No malfunctions and ejection improved quite a bit. Still had occasional BTF, so will take some more tension off.

Accuracy was only slightly better despite the much improved trigger. I really think this may benefit from accurizing since it just can't keep up with my Commander and Govts.
    BTF has nothing to do with tension. It's happening because the extractor is clocking in its channel. You'll have to fit an oversized firing pin stop it correct it. Harrisons oversize FPS was what I used on both of my pistols.

The best thing you can do for accuracy is to replace the bushing. I used EGWs gunsmith fit bushing on both of mine with good results.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Damn, some of these deals are pretty difficult to ignore;

https://palmettostatearmory.com/tisa...nt=51655158071

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Damn, some of these deals are pretty difficult to ignore;

https://palmettostatearmory.com/tisa...nt=51655158071
    Wow!

User Tag List