Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The TISAS "Stakeout" is basically a rack-grade MEUSOC without the Pachmyer grip.

Marketing directly as a MEUSOC clone might be a tough thing to do, though. The MEUSOC cloner community are the most screeching-autist, pedantic, quibbling cloners of them all*. The attraction of the MEUSOC is that it was hand-built. Unlike the M45A1, there were several generations of it that melded together, and any Quantico PWS 2112 will additionally tell you that in reality they were throwing whatever parts they could find into the guns to keep them up and running. The result is that there really isn't any one true MEUSOC specification to clone.

So, making a mass-produced MEUSOC clone is likely to appeal to very few people. Someone would want an earlier generation, while others would want a mid or later generation. And they're all wrong, anyway, since they're not hand-fitted or actually built with the correct parts*.
    I never could understand the masturbatory thrill over a beat up parts gun.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I just recieved these photos from John. Finished.

Name:  IMG_8479.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  19.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_8480.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  25.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_8481.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  13.4 KB
    Last edited by Trooper224; 03-04-2024 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I think the key would be picking the right variant. One that appeals to the masses.

This is probably the version most often seen in photos or as a clone. At least in my extremely limited research, aka poking around on the internet.

The key would be the old style grip safety, the ambi thumb safety and then iron "Millet" sights. I would say the Pachmyrs would also be a requirement to give the pistol the most appeal.

I'd guess a pistol configured thusly would sell as well as the JSOC guns.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    I've never understood why Springfield took a pass on the marketing layup of a MEUSOC tie-in. They weren't shy about marketing their FBI selection. They weirdly threw pachmayr grips on the Operator and marketed it as the 'MC' Operator, even though the Marines didn't used railed guns until the Colt M45A1s. The 'Variant 4' MEUSOC pistols used new Springfield slides with the forward cocking serrations and Novak sights...throwing a set of Pachmayrs on the old parkerized 'Loaded' model got you 90% there. And not terribly expensive either for a Springfield (my NM serial numbered Loaded was under $700 at the time).

Name:  IMG_2608.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  32.7 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I've never understood why Springfield took a pass on the marketing layup of a MEUSOC tie-in. They weren't shy about marketing their FBI selection. They weirdly threw pachmayr grips on the Operator and marketed it as the 'MC' Operator, even though the Marines didn't used railed guns until the Colt M45A1s. The 'Variant 4' MEUSOC pistols used new Springfield slides with the forward cocking serrations and Novak sights...throwing a set of Pachmayrs on the old parkerized 'Loaded' model got you 90% there. And not terribly expensive either for a Springfield (my NM serial numbered Loaded was under $700 at the time).

Name:  IMG_2608.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  32.7 KB
    I miss mine.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    I miss mine.
    I sold mine too. I eventually built it out with many of the MEUSOC parts. It was a fun project gun.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    This thread was pretty informative far longer than most. Now it seems to be evolving into the typical bull shit.

Too bad.

Moving on.
    I hate to see you leave, you have been a huge help to me. I got my first Tisas and you have provided some great information.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Note: my son bought a B9 Carry as his training gun and it recently developed extraction issues. Upon examination, I observed very little tension on the extractor. After increasing the tension I also noted that the tip of the extractor was sitting proud of the extractor channel. Ideally, the tip of the extractor should be at least flush, or better yet, slightly below the channel mouth. If the tip contacts the barrel recoil surface, this can cause extraction problems and eventual loss of tension on the extractor. Both of which my sons gun was exhibiting.

After ajusting the extractors tension I removed.a bit of material from the tip in order to remedy the issue. Not a lot of removal is required. Just enough to put the extractor tip below flush with the channel. I've done this on three of our four pistols. His Stingray hasn't shown any issues, but I bet it would show the same condition if I checked it.

MyTank Commanders extractor crapped the bed early so I simply replaced it. I did have to preform the same procedure on the installed Wilson extractor. I noted the same with my Stingray when I adjusted its extractor after a failure to eject. On all three of these pistols the extractor was long enough to contact the barrel recoil surface. So, if your Tisas starts having extraction issues, check these areas for contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Note: my son bought a B9 Carry as his training gun and it recently developed extraction issues. Upon examination, I observed very little tension on the extractor. After increasing the tension I also noted that the tip of the extractor was sitting proud of the extractor channel. Ideally, the tip of the extractor should be at least flush, or better yet, slightly below the channel mouth. If the tip contacts the barrel recoil surface, this can cause extraction problems and eventual loss of tension on the extractor. Both of which my sons gun was exhibiting.

After ajusting the extractors tension I removed.a bit of material from the tip in order to remedy the issue. Not a lot of removal is required. Just enough to put the extractor tip below flush with the channel. I've done this on three of our four pistols. His Stingray hasn't shown any issues, but I bet it would show the same condition if I checked it.

MyTank Commanders extractor crapped the bed early so I simply replaced it. I did have to preform the same procedure on the installed Wilson extractor. I noted the same with my Stingray when I adjusted its extractor after a failure to eject. On all three of these pistols the extractor was long enough to contact the barrel recoil surface. So, if your Tisas starts having extraction issues, check these areas for contact.
    Super helpful post. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I think the key would be picking the right variant. One that appeals to the masses.

This is probably the version most often seen in photos or as a clone. At least in my extremely limited research, aka poking around on the internet.

The key would be the old style grip safety, the ambi thumb safety and then iron "Millet" sights. I would say the Pachmyrs would also be a requirement to give the pistol the most appeal.

I'd guess a pistol configured thusly would sell as well as the JSOC guns.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    For many years, that rear sight was my favorite. When Millet made it and later Kings. I can't count the number of pistols I put it on. I had a sad when it went out of production.

Just picked this up from my pusher. It reminds me so much of a 1980s American Handgunner cover I couldn’t pass it up. I’m hoping to do very little to it - different grips, springs if needed - and then beat it like a rented mule. I always wanted a buried Bomar on the 1911 I built back then, this made more sense.

Attachment 115900
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List