Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s a nice tool kit! Do you know where it can be found?

The tool on the left looks suspiciously like a rail bender…
    Watch repair kit. You can find them on Amazon usually under $20. The tool on the left is a case back wrench
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Watch repair kit. You can find them on Amazon usually under $20. The tool on the left is a case back wrench
    Ha! You beat me to it. I was going to ask if you adjusted your 1911s movements with that kit. I’m a watch nerd too.

Site Supporter
    I am starting to view mechanical watches and 1911’s similarly: you have to know something about how they work, what makes them not work well, and how to get them working better to fully appreciate them.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am starting to view mechanical watches and 1911’s similarly: you have to know something about how they work, what makes them not work well, and how to get them working better to fully appreciate them.
    You may be right. If you're afraid to turn a screw or replace an o-ring, niether one is probably for you.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I just got my hands on a brand new, unfired Tisas 1911A1 ASF for review.

https://twitter.com/pfitch45/status/1768497115817226413

Fit and finish is nice, not a lot of chatter or tool marks on the inside. I hope it shoots as good as it looks (for a basic style USGI 1911).

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    I just got my hands on a brand new, unfired Tisas 1911A1 ASF for review.

https://twitter.com/pfitch45/status/1768497115817226413

Fit and finish is nice, not a lot of chatter or tool marks on the inside. I hope it shoots as good as it looks (for a basic style USGI 1911).
    I am halfway tempted to get one, if only for nostalgia from my days in the service, but not if it’s a real POS.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Taking it down, it looks good and clean on the inside. Titanium firing pin.

The sights are trash but we all know this. But on the surface it seems well-made. I wish I were a trained gunsmith to be better understand the critical dimensions.

With a sub-$500 MRSP it does seem nicer to me than those old USGI clones, the Mil Specs that springfield used to sell (IDK if they still do).

I bought the basic "Service" Govt. model last week and finally got it out to the range today. Put 150 rounds of Magtech and S&B FMJ through it with no issues and ejection is textbook. Quite frankly, I'm impressed by the fit and finish for a 1911 that costs less than a case of .45Auto.

I'm seriously debating getting one of their 9mm Commanders because reasons.

I threw a full Wilson 316G respring kit and their plunger kit into my JSOC, and I have an issue I’ve never experienced before in my years of owning working man grade 1911s - the trigger may be too light. I did absolutely nothing else to it, and the trigger pull dropped from a measured 4.75 to 5 down to a very consistent 3 pounds.

This just seems too light to me. Opinions?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

For a range gun only that's fine and up to you, for a carry gun, I like a trigger in the 4-4.5lb range.

User Tag List