Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Safety Recall For Tisas 1911 Pistols In .45ACP & 10mm

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-1911-pistols/

NOTE: I just swapped the mainspring housing on my sons newest pistol. The small internal housing pin is larger than standard and won't work on a non-Tisas housing. So, if you want to swap housings you'll need a different pin.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 02-01-2024 at 09:43 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

FYI: Tisas is changing their dovetails to true Novak specs.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    I'm a relatively new pistol rookie who's looked at the Tisas 1911s online and am thinking of getting one. I'd like to hear more about the gun from you and/or others who own "real" 1911s and a Tisas model. I'd like to get the model closest in specs to the original government model. Can you tell me if the internal mechanisms, action, I believe, is the correct term, is the same or nearly the same as Colt's original model? I really would like to buy a Colt, but I'm a poor retired guy who has a tight budget.

I'm eager to accept any and all information you or others are willing to provide.

I never fired, or even handled a 1911, but it's such an iconic pistol designed by the great John Browning, I feel it's my duty as an American male to own one and learn how to property handle it.

Thank you, Danko!

[QUOTE=Danko;1552098]
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    These have recently flooded the streets for around $300, even under $300 during holiday sales. Reports seem to be favorable, and there was some interest in them when I mentioned the "Raider" model in the M45A1 thread, so I'm creating this thread for people to gather and share information.

@Kyle Reese bought a 9mm "Duty" model, which is their 5" steel frame, and we just got back from shooting it. We didn't put a whole lot through it due to only having two mags, maybe 100 rounds or so. No malfunctions today.
    I'm a relatively new pistol rookie who's looked at the Tisas 1911s online and am thinking of getting one. I'd like to hear more about the gun from you and/or others who own "real" 1911s and a Tisas model. I'd like to get the model closest in specs to the original government model. Can you tell me if the internal mechanisms, action, I believe, is the correct term, is the same or nearly the same as Colt's original model? I really would like to buy a Colt, but I'm a poor retired guy who has a tight budget.

I'm eager to accept any and all information you or others are willing to provide.

I never fired, or even handled a 1911, but it's such an iconic pistol designed by the great John Browning, I feel it's my duty as an American male to own one and learn how to property handle it.

Thank you, Danko!
    They are fun to shoot, but it's best if one has a bit of mechanical savy & love of tinkering. But they are fun if you like to tinker, and there's a lot of resources available if you do.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Danko View Post
    Can you tell me if the internal mechanisms, action, I believe, is the correct term, is the same or nearly the same as Colt's original model?
    Yes, to the extent that likely matters to you (as in, you're probably not geeking-out hard on details that don't really matter except for hardcore collectors).

The biggest departure would be the finish. It will not be parkerized, but a Cerakote that is colored to approximate parkerized steel. With that said, it won't feel or actually look like actual parkerized steel at close inspection, if that matters. It will be smooth, slippery, more uniform, and slightly satin compared to parkerized steel which is slightly rough to the touch and very "industrial" looking.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter

Thank you, Danko!

Site Supporter
    Thank you! I am fairly mechanically inclined provided I can clearly observe how parts move and operate. Can use suggest a good book or two involving the operation and repair of 1911s?

Thank you!

Thank you! I am fairly mechanically inclined provided I can clearly observe how parts move and operate. Can use suggest a good book or two involving the operation and repair of 1911s?

Thank you!
    The Kuhnhausen manuals are the standard, but is a bit $$$.

I usually just go over to the Wilson Combat Yootoob page for tutorials, but there's probably others that are as good or better.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Thank you!
    Kuhnhausen's books are pretty much the ultimate reference:

https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-M19...7-93deae8f9840

User Tag List