Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: TISAS 1911s

Something else I forgot to mention: the grip safety is well fitted. There's no side to side play and the safety clears the trigger with thirty percent travel.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Something else I forgot to mention: the grip safety is well fitted. There's no side to side play and the safety clears the trigger with thirty percent travel.

I do give props to my Girsan in this regard. Whoever fit the grip safety has it tuned to disengage with very minimal depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I do give props to my Girsan in this regard. Whoever fit the grip safety has it tuned to disengage with very minimal depression.
    It was a nice surprise. I've gone over my sons pistol as well. The observations I've made carry over. This might imply a nice level of consistency in production.

Site Supporter
    I called and spoke to Dawson prior to ordering my FO front sight and was told, they might be Novak styled but they're not Novak, it would take quite a lot of fitting in a Tisas and, it did. my firing pin stop was bowing ball in a hallway loose and clocking some so I ordered a WC bullet proof fps and extractor, a little fitting was required, the extractor fit fine but the fps isn't as snug as it should be but it's considerably better, I'm not sure if 9mm 1911's are more forgiving than 45's in that regard but the gun runs through Hilton Yam's extractor test and hasn't missed a beat other than, a limp wrist might result in an occasional brass to the noggin. Either way the gun hasn't had a failure of any kind right out of the box, I'm at about 600 rd's.

Site Supporter
    Maybe buy a bare bones GI model and then have a beavertail fit and some Harrison retro sights added.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Getting Novak to cut a front dovetail is quite affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Getting Novak to cut a front dovetail is quite affordable.
    I was looking at the Stake out specs. It says it has a black nitride finish. This and the labor and cost to add different sights would make the GI a bit less of a deal. With that said I've seen the bare bones GI guns for slight above or below $300. That's pretty much a blank canvas for free.

Here's the JSOC inspired gun.

https://battlehawkarmory.com/product...feature-pistol

JSOC 1911. The Tisas is actually very much a close copy, no?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcmCDaer4JO/?img_index=2

Today, the Stingray passed the one thousand round mark.

This is the first 9mm Commander variant I've used and it's far superior in handling to a five inch gun chambered in the .380 Long Rifle. The Commander sized guns, and smaller, is where the 9mm really lives in the 1911.

What it is, is a solid service grade 1911 for plastic fantastic money.

Huzzah

Postscript: in that first five hundred rounds I probably fired around three hundred of them. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that. With a .45 one hundred rounds does me in. The aluminum frame is also a godsend on my hips. Overall, a very nice package.
    I suspected that a LWC 9mm might be the Goldilocks answer for you. Glad that it's working out!

But, I decided to drop in a Wilson Combat plunger tube spring and related plungers. This did, in fact, make a rather large difference in the tension. Highly recommended.
    Those same parts had a similar positive impact in my Ruger .45 Commander.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I suspected that a LWC 9mm might be the Goldilocks answer for you. Glad that it's working out!
    Thanks. While I was wrestling with the Walther my son bought his. The first time I shot it I thought, "This is the direction I should have gone."

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I called and spoke to Dawson prior to ordering my FO front sight and was told, they might be Novak styled but they're not Novak, it would take quite a lot of fitting in a Tisas and, it did. my firing pin stop was bowing ball in a hallway loose and clocking some so I ordered a WC bullet proof fps and extractor, a little fitting was required, the extractor fit fine but the fps isn't as snug as it should be but it's considerably better, I'm not sure if 9mm 1911's are more forgiving than 45's in that regard but the gun runs through Hilton Yam's extractor test and hasn't missed a beat other than, a limp wrist might result in an occasional brass to the noggin. Either way the gun hasn't had a failure of any kind right out of the box, I'm at about 600 rd's.

I have a Tisas 9mm Duty model and I had the same experience with both the firing pin stop and new sights. I bought a Night Fision fiber optic front and an adjustable FO rear sight, both required a lot of fitting. I also had trouble with the extractor clocking due the FPS. I replaced it and the extractor with Wilson Combat parts and after some filing to fit it runs great. Passed the 10/8 test and ejection is consistent at 3 to 4 o'clock. Quickly becoming my favorite handgun.

User Tag List