Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 80X Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Mhm........

Attachment 101090
    I had a very clean 70S in the early 80’s. Sadly it had the plastic grip with a big thumbrest and I could never source the thin plastic or wood grips. Very reliable little gun!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    And that's precisely why I want one.
    I cannot comment.

Paging @e_stern for appropriate recommendation on this matter.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    I cannot comment.

Paging @e_stern for appropriate recommendation on this matter.
    Jesus Christ, don't touch that monumental pile of garbage with a 100 foot pole.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Jesus Christ, don't touch that monumental pile of garbage with a 100 foot pole.
    Based on my cursory exploration of 9000S-related forum anecdotes over the years...

-They have ungainly ergos (very deep front/back grip dimensions--this is true, based on the ones I've held)
    -They have comedically fat slides (also true)
    -There were some early issues with decockers being stiff and/or being prone to discharges (no idea)
    -The rubber grip sleeves harden and disintegrate over time (true--ones I've handled have demonstrated this)

Other than that...

I've yet to see anything to suggest the guns are unreliable (in terms of shooting) or inaccurate. Plus... they're like <$300 in some cases.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Beretta's New 80X Cheetah at the BUG Match (feat. Symtac)

Forgotten Weapons - Mar. 04, 2023

At SHOT Show this year Beretta introduced its reboot of the Cheetah, now called the Model 80X. It now uses an aluminum frame, slim grips, ambi controls that allow carry either cocked-and-locked or decocked, and an optics mounting cut. It is only available in .380, and uses a 13-round magazine. The DA trigger in particular is fantastically good.

I'm joined today by Matt Haught of Symtac Consulting, who has been shooting Model 81 Berettas for a long time, and who is excited to get a chance to try out the new 80X on the clock. Much to his chagrin, I did manage to beat him - but only by a single point. The match was a lot of fun, and it's hard to complain about a pistol that we were able to take 2nd and 3rd place overall with...

Disclosure: Beretta did not pay us for this, but did send the gun for free.
    Yippee ki-yay

Man we had so much fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    Beretta's New 80X Cheetah at the BUG Match (feat. Symtac)

Forgotten Weapons - Mar. 04, 2023

At SHOT Show this year Beretta introduced its reboot of the Cheetah, now called the Model 80X. It now uses an aluminum frame, slim grips, ambi controls that allow carry either cocked-and-locked or decocked, and an optics mounting cut. It is only available in .380, and uses a 13-round magazine. The DA trigger in particular is fantastically good.

I'm joined today by Matt Haught of Symtac Consulting, who has been shooting Model 81 Berettas for a long time, and who is excited to get a chance to try out the new 80X on the clock. Much to his chagrin, I did manage to beat him - but only by a single point. The match was a lot of fun, and it's hard to complain about a pistol that we were able to take 2nd and 3rd place overall with...

Disclosure: Beretta did not pay us for this, but did send the gun for free.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    AIM Surplus (local to me) still has "X Grade" Beretta 85BBs for $320. Checked one out today while on an ammo run and it was hard to keep waiting for the 80X...

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    AIM Surplus (local to me) still has "X Grade" Beretta 85BBs for $320. Checked one out today while on an ammo run and it was hard to keep waiting for the 80X...
    Damn it! Why did you have to mention this? I just went and looked on their website. How did they look?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    Damn it! Why did you have to mention this? I just went and looked on their website. How did they look?
    The one I looked at didn't look bad at all and seemed 100% functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The one I looked at didn't look bad at all and seemed 100% functional.
    I. Must. Resist...

User Tag List