Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 80X Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    A barrel or top end swap would be a great option. I'm looking at this in 32 as a great step up from a rimfire for teaching my kids to shoot in a few years.
    That'd be a great use case for that kind of setup.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

https://alleghenyarms.com/product/beretta-barrel-32acp/

If you don’t mind the threads. Check with them, I think they had runs of standard length and extended/non-threaded.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    https://alleghenyarms.com/product/beretta-barrel-32acp/

If you don’t mind the threads. Check with them, I think they had runs of standard length and extended/non-threaded.
    I believe it was mentioned that the 80X barrel was redesigned. I'm not convinced a drop in barrel for the originals is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I believe it was mentioned that the 80X barrel was redesigned. I'm not convinced a drop in barrel for the originals is a good idea.
    From the listing…

Fits all Beretta 80x/81/82/83/84/85, Browning BDA 380, Tisas Fatih pistols.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    From the listing…
    Yeah I saw that too. Be cool if it works longterm.

AGW has shot that barrel in an 80X, and he gave us one here that is in the queue for validation testing. I've got it from Beretta Italy that old style barrels are technically compatible, but haven't been validated.

Validation testing covers reliability and durability via destructive testing.

So, I wouldn't carry it unless someone has put a ton of rounds through that barrel to verify, and I'd personally be careful about range use with spicy ammo until we run a plugged bore test (mostly because I've recently seen what happens when you run the wrong steel in a 92 barrel and plug bore test it). Also, using that would technically invalidate a warranty. Those caveats aside, it should fit and function, though I can't grantee to what degree.
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    AGW has shot that barrel in an 80X, and he gave us one here that is in the queue for validation testing. I've got it from Beretta Italy that old style barrels are technically compatible, but haven't been validated.

Validation testing covers reliability and durability via destructive testing.

So, I wouldn't carry it unless someone has put a ton of rounds through that barrel to verify, and I'd personally be careful about range use with spicy ammo until we run a plugged bore test (mostly because I've recently seen what happens when you run the wrong steel in a 92 barrel and plug bore test it). Also, using that would technically invalidate a warranty. Those caveats aside, it should fit and function, though I can't grantee to what degree.
    Caveat: I know the answer to the following question is not definitive nor binding.

Hypothetical: If the barrel passes validation testing - would that have any bearing on warranty/service claims?

deleting duplicate
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Caveat: I know the answer to the following question is not definitive nor binding.

Hypothetical: If the barrel passes validation testing - would that have any bearing on warranty/service claims?
    Ehhh, unless we somehow start using him as a vendor for those, no, it wont. I'll just mean we can officially say we don't think using that barrel is dangerous.

With that being a Beretta Italy mfg gun, them owning the design, and it being a major safety critical item, there's a WHOLE mountain of reasons aftermarket barrels wont be covered under the factory warranty. Also keep in mind all the Italian barrels are gauged, and then run through a government proof house for certification. Barrels are not something we take lightly.
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    Ehhh, unless we somehow start using him as a vendor for those, no, it wont. I'll just mean we can officially say we don't think using that barrel is dangerous.
    Perfectly reasonable and the answer I expected. I would say the latter point is, potentially, the most important part to me.

With that being a Beretta Italy mfg gun, them owning the design, and it being a major safety critical item, there's a WHOLE mountain of reasons aftermarket barrels wont be covered under the factory warranty. Also keep in mind all the Italian barrels are gauged, and then run through a government proof house for certification. Barrels are not something we take lightly.
    Europeans take things so seriously...On the one hand I appreciate it.

On the other...no EU country has been to the moon... (This comment has absolutely no bearing on this conversation what so ever)

User Tag List