Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 80X Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    https://www.beretta.com/en-us/80x-cheetah/

An awesome surprise. Optics cut and all.

Attachment 100021
    Name:  0B19DF08-F9B8-4938-A7C8-3CABF6B40D18.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  12.7 KB
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto9 View Post
    Name:  0B19DF08-F9B8-4938-A7C8-3CABF6B40D18.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  12.7 KB
    Shouldn't that be an Italian flag?

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Shouldn't that be an Italian flag?
    That and it’s supposed to be a gif as well as erect. 1 out of 3 ain’t bad.
    Placed 8th in the 1998 Independence Elementary School Bee and multiple time fire ant bite survivor.
    Guns- LTT Beretta 92 Elite, LTT Beretta 92c w/SRO, Beretta 80X, HK P30, HK P30sk, P365xl, Beretta 1301 comp, DDM4V7P, and some poverty pieces too.

I have a Browning BDA (same thing, made by Beretta under contract with a closed slide. I briefly toyed with carrying it after I retired. My youngest son owns an 84, which he did carry for some time. We both found that the pistol is something of a chunky monkey, that doesn't really conceal any better than a larger weapon. They both shoot great and the recoil is very mild from my perspective. Mounting an optic and a light on the thing? I'm sure there's a market, but I'm not it. I still want a classic 84, with the round trigger guard and blued finish, because it's sexy. Not as sexy as my 70S, but close.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter

.380 Ammo Deal PSA

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Don't think of it as adding a new caliber, because you won't be able to find .380 ammo, anyway.

I'm looking forward to fondling one.
    PSA has NORMA 85 GR MHP .380 ACP AMMUNITION 20 ROUNDS for $7 a box

Personally I’ve got no use for a 380 that’s the size of many great 9s but I’m also not recoil sensitive. For those who are, like my father, this may well be a great carry pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I don't own a .380 and have no interest in .380 and I can't stop thinking about how cool this pistol would be.
    Imagine potting tree rats with a red dot pistol and making an author from the 1964 Gun Digest proud:

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

Cocked and locked deleted, safety now combines decocking...available in "Tactical peanut butter".
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sh...80-acp-pistol/

"The 80X Cheetah’s trigger is excellent and the frame-mounted safety gives you the option of carrying cocked and locked with a light single-action trigger pull right off the bat, or de-cocked with a slightly heavier (but still very manageable) initial pull if you want."

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    The safety is the up for safe, up again for decock.
    Is "cocked and locked" a carry option or can the safety only be engaged with the hammer fully lowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post

"The 80X Cheetah’s trigger is excellent and the frame-mounted safety gives you the option of carrying cocked and locked with a light single-action trigger pull right off the bat, or de-cocked with a slightly heavier (but still very manageable) initial pull if you want."

Is "cocked and locked" a carry option or can the safety only be engaged with the hammer fully lowered?
    I didn’t get to shoot it, but I got to mess with one today at SHOT and the safety would go on with the hammer back. I talked to one of the Italian designers. He said that .32 ACP was on the table, but no date or firm yes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post

Pic with the hammer back and safety on.
    Name:  Cheetah-2-1-1068x710.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  99.9 KB

User Tag List