Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 80X Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    My line of reasoning is identical. XTP because I don't trust range FMJ QC.

Sort of ironic that the reason XTP is a somewhat outdated cartridge in the major service calibers (lackluster expansion, over-penetration) is the exact same thing that makes it an excellent .380 loading.
    Same reasoning I gave to my dad to convince him to use XTPs in his LCP Max.
    With the added benefit that they are affordable enough to actual get him to run a couple mags at least through it to make sure they fed, which he wouldn't have done with his favored HSTs.
    He has 2 mags loaded with HSTs for his SD40, but he has never shot a round of them through it.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    With the added benefit that they are affordable enough to actual get him to run a couple mags at least through it to make sure they fed, which he wouldn't have done with his favored HSTs.
    He has 2 mags loaded with HSTs for his SD40, but he has never shot a round of them through it.
    Honestly, that's an understated factor in favor of the XTP. I use Gold Dot/HST for all carry aside from .380, but when i started shooting my policy was to run 200 rounds of carry ammo and that is a rather severe cost these days. These days when I want to vet a gun (which is rare as most new buys are range toys anymore) I just do a box of 50, but after the gun is filthy from several hundred rounds of bulk range ammo. I'd still prefer to do the 200-round test but I can't drop an extra $200 in ammo every time I vet a gun.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Has anyone mounted an optic yet? I got my plate finally to mount an EPS carry but the screws are not the right size. More importantly, the little nubs on the plate are sort of chamfered at the base which doesnt allow the optic to sit flat so I doubt it will zero. You can see a gap toward the front of the optic. I just have the extra plate in there for mock up purposes since the screws are too long.
    Name:  20230706_180818.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  23.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Shackleford View Post
    Has anyone mounted an optic yet? I got my plate finally to mount an EPS carry but the screws are not the right size. More importantly, the little nubs on the plate are sort of chamfered at the base which doesnt allow the optic to sit flat so I doubt it will zero. You can see a gap toward the front of the optic. I just have the extra plate in there for mock up purposes since the screws are too long.
    I'd guess the plate and screws are for a 407K/507K and did not factor the EPS/ EPS Carry?

Site Supporter
    I just tried my 507k since the manual says its for a 407k, the screws seem the correct length but are oddly thin for the size hole in the optic. Unfortunately the optic still does not sit flush. Maybe I got a dud.

Exclamation

Honestly I would wait till LTT figures an optic cut for that gun.

Site Supporter
    Apparently beretta knows this is an issue and is refunding the optic plate. I think companies who come out with optic cut pistols but no way to mount an optic should call them optic capable instead of optic ready since its obviously far from that.

Yep, the recoil bosses are a joke and if you don't file down the screws to fit, you can't torque down the EPS Carry.

Tip: remove the plate, and screw down the optic to the plate alone and file. The screws need to fit flush or slightly less so it can engage those pathetic bosses. Going to give this a go Sun or Mon:

FWIW, it's a neat little gun. FAR more pleasant than my 84FS to shoot. Not sure what all the fuss is about "cock'd & locked" carry...folks should've got a cheap 84BB if that's what they want. DA is actually pretty nice for a factory gun. But after shooting it today, messing with the plate/screws and seeing how high the optic sits, I'm not so sure I just wouldn't have had it accept regular 92 front/rears and skip all the BS.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 07-14-2023 at 11:47 PM.

@R_Shackleford,

Maybe better keep that adapter plate in there...or just go back to the irons like I did.

Shot OK but screws loosened up 2x. Caught it the first time quickly. Never had play in the dot but the screws worked loose despite loctite. 2nd time, might've had upwards of a full mag and noticed when I was out of ammo.
    80 rounds fired total (70 with the red dot).

It was a good try, Beretta...but not quite there yet...

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    In side-by-side comparison with the 80X, the 80X has a LIGHTER DA pull, and the slide is somewhat easier to rack. It seems Beretta has managed to work some magic with this product.
    Any updates on your 81BB vs your new 80X? I have an 81BB. Great little pistol for my wife as well. Is there any disadvantage of having an 80X instead of the 81BB? How does the recoil compare?

User Tag List