Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New CMP Competition: CMP Action Pistol

Not interested in a 6 rnd stage to make shooters of revolvers feel better. We get that in idpa sometimes and for me it is just stupid. Revolvers are in a different class, so they are scored against one another. They are not scored against semi-auto shooters so why do I have to slow down so a revolver shooter can rise in the overall scores? If a revolver shooter wants to rise in the overall standings, get another gun.

Site Supporter
    Not sure what you mean by having to slow down for revolver shooters. Bianchi Cup is about shooting as accurately as you can in a set time. Shooting faster doesn't gain you anything. The best shooters use all the time allotted to ensure they hit as many bullseyes as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Not interested in a 6 rnd stage to make shooters of revolvers feel better. We get that in idpa sometimes and for me it is just stupid. Revolvers are in a different class, so they are scored against one another. They are not scored against semi-auto shooters so why do I have to slow down so a revolver shooter can rise in the overall scores? If a revolver shooter wants to rise in the overall standings, get another gun.
    Not sure you have actually read the rules or understand the scoring.

Each stage has a specific time which is the same regardless of classification or firearm used. For instance in the barricade event, at ten yards you get five seconds to draw and fire six rounds from the strong side barricade, then repeat from the support side. There is one second added for each subsequent distance - six seconds at fifteen yards, seven seconds at twenty-five yards, eight seconds at thirty yards.

The things that I would do to make Action Pistol better are:

1) Have a tyro/novice/beginner/youth/whatever classification which allows shooters to begin with the pistol benched and held in a low ready position.

2) Automate scoring.

I believe we are the only club in Kansas that shoots action pistol every month.

One of the problems that I see in growing Action Pistol is that fact that many local clubs have the weekends pretty much filled with various disciplines. Kind of too much of a good thing.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    ...I just got the email to sign up for this year with the registration form you physically send in along with a check for your entry fee. At the match scoring is done by paper. It would be really easy to do with practiscore...
    These are all sales pitches to my ears.

DDTSGM and loper77 you are correct and I was wrong. I went back and read through the beginning of this thread again and found that I indeed did not understand how these matches are run. Thanks for straightening me out.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    DDTSGM and loper77 you are correct and I was wrong. I went back and read through the beginning of this thread again and found that I indeed did not understand how these matches are run. Thanks for straightening me out.
    No problem. It is a fun discipline, especially if you come from an accuracy background and are getting too old to run and gun competitively.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List