Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New CMP Competition: CMP Action Pistol

Bianchi had plates, barriers and a moving target. I guess it would make it easy for everyone to practice the way it is, but it'd be sad if Bianchi was dead for this.

Interesting they made a new target drawing.
    So has GSSF.

Who was getting paid royalties for the D1 Bianchi Cup "tombstone?"
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Cool, in my rapidly advancing decrepitude I'll give this a try.
    So it's always 2 targets, shot with 1-3 rounds each, at 10, 15, 25 and 50 yards?
    It sounds like this is shot as a line of shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    What is the difference between CMP Action Pistol and NRA Action Pistol?

Course of fire posted looks the same, as does the target.
    None from that. When I shot the Sunset Coast Regional last year, they said CMP would be taking over NRA Action Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This is an interesting development

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-changes-2023/

CMP Announces Action Pistol Competitions, Other Rule Changes For 2023

So whoever wrote this apparently isn't familiar with NRA Action Pistol. Among other things he mentions this can be run on ranges where USPSA can't. Quite the opposite. Even on the practical stage shown, which is just one of many, you need turning targets which most ranges by me dont have. You need a certain kind of mover for the moving stage, a crap ton of Bianchi Barricades for that stage, as well as a few plate racks that have to be set up in such a way that allows people to go prone on them and not shoot over the berm. That is just the ones I have shot, there are more.

Site Supporter
    Will this new sport include movers, barricades and prone shooting? Because those seem like big reasons Bianchi cup kinda stagnated.

Meanwhile, there's a PPC league near me that I really wanna try out....maybe I'll just do that.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have not shot a competition In forever . This looks like a good way to get new shooters or someone who hasn’t done it in awhile back into it.

Site Supporter
    Looks like it’s just Bianchi Cup under another name according to the official rules on the CMP.

https://thecmp.org/wp-content/upload...df?vers=122122

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    So whoever wrote this apparently isn't familiar with NRA Action Pistol. Among other things he mentions this can be run on ranges where USPSA can't. Quite the opposite. Even on the practical stage shown, which is just one of many, you need turning targets which most ranges by me dont have. You need a certain kind of mover for the moving stage, a crap ton of Bianchi Barricades for that stage, as well as a few plate racks that have to be set up in such a way that allows people to go prone on them and not shoot over the berm. That is just the ones I have shot, there are more.
    It looks like you do need all that stuff except for the turning targets.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

User Tag List