View Poll Results: How do you carry your EDC flashlight?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loose in a pocket

38 32.76%
  • Clipped inside a pocket (pocket clip on light)

68 58.62%
  • On the belt in a pouch or carrier

6 5.17%
  • Other (please identify)

4 3.45%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: EDC Flashlight Carry

I replied loose in pocket, but it really depends. If it’s a full size light, or I’m not at work, it’s almost always loose in pocket. The only thing that’s a bigger tell than grunt style/thin blue line/Valhalla/punisher shirts, is seeing a tactical flashlight clipped in a pocket. If I’m working and in a reduced vis capacity but not 100% discreet I’ll clip a spare light into my pocket. I’m also not super religious about carrying a light while I’m not working.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    The only thing that’s a bigger tell than grunt style/thin blue line/Valhalla/punisher shirts, is seeing a tactical flashlight clipped in a pocket.

Agreed. I was once at a local restaurant with a light clipped in my pants pocket, and the guy at the next table kept looking at it. Maybe he thought it was a knife, but clips are indeed a telltale sign as you describe.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Fenix TK16 V20 clipped in my front weak-side pocket. I'm impressed with the high quality of "made in China" flashlights even though their government seeks to work us woe and they insult our leader. The Fenix flashlight really is bright.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Streamlight Macrostream clipped in my left front pocket.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

I've been EDC'ing a Streamlight MicroStream for about 15 years, clipped to the outside corner of my left front pants pocket. It has done everything I've needed it to do.

I've lost four or five of them over the years, with one being stolen out of a TSA loose change bowl at an airport security checkpoint.

Cheap to replace, about $20 (compared to the $200+ Emerson CQC folding knife I lost).

Streamlight PT1L-1AA clipped inside left front pocket, backed up by a PT1L clipped to an RCS Pocketshield in same pocket.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Gen 1 Stilleto clipped on the left pocket. Usually. Although in the winter I'll dump it in any coat pocket. I use it a lot, and it's much more practical than tactical.

Site Supporter
    Sometimes it's clipped in my left rear pocket. Sometimes it's front left pocket. Sometimes AIWB at 11 o'clock. Sometimes it's inside a front pocket.

Nowadays, a Streamlight 2L-X with a rechargeable battery, clipped to left pocket. I alternate with a Surefire “Tactiician”. I like the size and handling of “two cell “ lights. I’m a bit of a nerd, and usually have a triple A light in a pocket.

Site Supporter
    Streamlight Macrostream loose in left pocket

User Tag List