Thread: Walker XCEL hearing protection?

Walker XCEL hearing protection?

Does anyone here have any experience with the Walker XCEL 100 or 500 ear pro?

I've got the Peltor 500s, and they are very good, but I'm looking for spare set to loan out to friends when I invite them to try out USPSA. The Walker XCELs have similar specs to the Peltors, with regard to NRR across the various frequencies, but are a little less expensive.

So I'd like to know if they are a good option, or if I should just get another set of Peltor 500s.

Thanks.

I recently bought a pair of the 100's and am not very impressed. They block out your shot noise and any that you are very close to. It is as if they have a 10 ft radius around you in which they are very effective. The negative is it seems that anything outside of the 10' radius is amplified. The biggest problem this causes is the shooting in bays next to you is amplified to the extent you cannot have a conversation. It's not so loud as to be damaging but it is way too loud for any conversation. This is a problem if you are shooting matches and need to hear range commands, etc. I'll be moving on.

Thanks for the info. Out curiousity, did that problem occur on all of the various settings? I read that they have 4 different audio modes.

User Tag List