Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is a MP5 Clone Necessary? Or Does Something that an AR9 Doesn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had an HK94 decades ago when the cost $650 new and have regretted selling it ever since. A SP5 and SP5k made me get over my sense of loss.
    I bought an ex-CA DOJ HK94 and a Fleming autosear circa 2009. Sold it about year later when I realized I had too many machine guns (had four at the time). It was a better-shooting gun than the Uzi SMG that I kept, but it was also worth about twice as much as the Uzi so the Uzi won.

Figured I’d bounce this back for an update…

Ended up getting one. [emoji41]

Atlantic had a decent deal on PTR classic models. Kind of prefer PTR for the warranty aspect over Century dealing with MKE guns. Not to say MKE will have issues, but I just rather have a US built gun.

Hindsight, it also clears me from any 922(r) issues… and I likely will SBR it upon my return from training. I am likely going to check on an A3 stock at the PA Oaks gun show… which is a stop on my travel day (I’ll toss it in a Flat Rate box and leave it at my godmother’s place in PA until it comes back).

Got to get a 3-lug adapter for my Bushwhacker 46. Going to have to figure out a single point sling… being there isn’t a front sling point on the PTR. And want to get magazines figured out.

Damn gun is expensive already…

Hoping to get it out to shoot when we qualify next week.

A lovely gun!

Back in my days of being a broke college student, I would save up for range trips with rental MP5s as my special expensive end-of-semester treat.

Please let us know what the range trips are like!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    If you've ever truly wanted an MP5, IMO, nothing else will scratch that itch.

Since you mentioned not doing many modifications, I'd say something like the Century AP5 is definitely worth considering. Half of the draw for an AR-based PCC is the modularity and increased aftermarket offerings, so that sounds like a moot point in your case.
    I always wanted an MP5, and ended up with a B&T APC9 Pro. I wanted the one that takes Glock mags, but at the time you couldn’t find it anywhere so I got the “regular” one. I’m not qualified to say how it’s better or worse than an MP5, but I freakin’ love it.

Not a lot of aftermarket for it though.

Site Supporter
    I scratched my itch with a GSG-5K that I Form 1'd and suppressed. It is not quite the same, but good enough for me. And .22 is waaaay cheaper than. 9mm to shoot.

Something like this...
    Name:  c39b3a0f92c92a467ce6c22f14ccf45a.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  106.1 KB

Name:  th.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  27.0 KB

I have an actual HK rear sight on it, and the three lug barrel is cosmetic... but it is fun and cheap to shoot and absolutely SLAYS bunnies and squirrels. Steel at 50 yards is fun.

For potential social use, I think the manual of arms for the current options is much, much better. The MP5, IiRC was a 60s design based on a 50s design.

And @JRB said it better than I could have.

pat

Since a few of have way more knowledge with these than I do… asking a question. Have the same question on HKPro… but I figured I’d ask here, as well.

So, I picked up one of those HK Parts trigger groups that had the Franklin Armory trigger installed. Got it so I could just toss on and run it.

It is the SEF lower, and the correct one to fit my PTR 9CT (HKP-18533). I also made sure to add that to the comments, as instructed.

Got it the other day, but doesn’t fit at all. I watched the video they posted on YouTube, but came down to it being a trigger housing issue (clipped/pinned by HK Parts). I pulled the pack out, and this is what I get…

The difference of that overhang is identical to how far out of alignment the rear pin hole is.

And then when the housing is all the way forward… I can see light thru the gun just behind the magazine release.

Took it off and noticed the paint scuffed around the shelf.

I emailed HK Parts last night with those pictures because nothing in their listing talks about needing to fit anything. Should a trigger housing be fitted to a gun. If so, and specific way to do it “correctly?”

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Less than 1/2 way. You’d still need to AUG-ment the collection.

Might also need to “squeeze” something else in, too.
    I want some of those diehard mags that never run dry until the scropt calls for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post

And...they can get a bit gummy after a few hundred rounds
    How do you clean them? Is the design amenable to just being blasted with non-chlorinated brake cleaner?

I have a GSL Phoenix that I bought 4 years ago and still need to buy a host. Shooting it on @jc0000's SP5 is the only time I've used it. I was going to get one, and then I saw a custom built Mk12 Mod-H that I absolutely had to have...which as an impulse buy, used up the funds I had reserved for an SP5. And now I'm planning on a Gordy, because 1) that gun fucks, 2) I already have an AEM-5 and OCM-5 (OCM still in jail) for my two Mk12s, and itd be awesome to use those cans on a Gordy.

So, one day I'll get around to it. Maybe September at the earliest....maybe next year.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I’ve been shooting my PTR for a few months… cleaning isn’t too bad. Brush out the carbon, wipe, clean and lube.

If you mean the suppressor… this is my new go-to. Very good reviews.

https://www.breakthroughclean.com/so...ressor-cleaner

I actually have a 3-day class with the gun (also my duty gun) in NC this March. Estimated 2,000 rounds, so I’ll definitely put it thru its paces.

User Tag List