Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CHPWS optics

Site Supporter

CHPWS optics

Apparently CHPWS is making their own ootics now....

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnVGxt2Nla3/

More choices is a good thing. I hope they are reliable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Curious who's actually making these.

This my first time seeing Buck from CHPWS, I had no idea he looked and sounded like Rob Schneider.

Given my personal experience with this company... Well, this is PF and we don't always say the first thing that comes to mind if it is uncharitable, right?

I certainly wish them well, and hope the sorts of issues I have seen are resolved.

I wish them luck but ‘Optic Manufacturing Facility’ does not exactly spring to mind when I think of CHPWS. It’s quite possible that my first (and so far, only) experience with them was not positive is coloring my opinion, however.

The "Duty" optic he showed looks almost exactly like the Swampfox Kraken. He also said the batteries were top load and they had 3 MOA dot and multi reticle options. All of that info combined leads me to believe that they are outsourcing to Swampfox's parent company OEM manufacturer Shanghai Changhong Optoelectric. The Swampfox dots are pretty robust so these should be decent, but I think Holosun is still beating everyone at this game. I think the only company that can really challenge Holosun would be Vortex, but they don't seem to care about this market segment at all.

SLG is shooting one of the Duty versions so we should get some honest reporting.

https://pistol-training.com/the-new-duty-sight/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    SLG is shooting one of the Duty versions so we should get some honest reporting.

https://pistol-training.com/the-new-duty-sight/
    At this point in the game, with actual Acro P1s at $400-$500, I am not sure saving a $100 and going with the Duty makes sense to me. And then the 509T X2 at $350-400.

If CHPWS could have worked to make an EPS sized optic with an Acro footprint, it would seem like a winner. I am happy with my CHPWS plates but more optics with the Acro footprint cannot be a bad thing. It would be nice if it became more of a footprint standard and then to include a compact carry optic.

A little surprised they went with 3 MOA across the board, especially for the comp models. I guess it must be easier logistically.

User Tag List