Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If one owned a Hi-Power...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

If one owned a Hi-Power...

...then it would probably be a good idea to pay careful attention to Apex:

Name:  apexhp.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  64.7 KB

Magazine extensions, magazine wells, compatible stocks and upgraded fire control parts appear to be forthcoming.
    3/15/2016

I hope they have this at SHOT. I am pretty excited.

Site Supporter
    I have never had a Hi Power but having recently seen one next to a G19 I an curious why they aren't more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I have never had a Hi Power but having recently seen one next to a G19 I an curious why they aren't more popular.
    Depends on where you live. In a lot of Europe, it was the service sidearm for decades.

In the USA, it's a 9mm semi-auto that debuted in the 30's. So, during the era between WWII and the 1980's, most American gun users shunned autos as being unreliable, and shunned 9mm as being too weak. When the Wonder9 thing hit in the 80's, it was a gun that wasn't especially hollowpoint friendly, and had a bad trigger (unless you removed the mag safety). Then, when the Glock revolution happened, it was an expensive gun in comparison.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    More expensive, heavier with less ammo capacity (although there are MecGar 15 rounds mags). Unusable tiny safety, bad trigger with mag drop safety. Worse sights and no option for RDS if that's a must for you.

They weren't bad for their time but mostly status/rank symbol in military. They may have went to many wars bitcas far as actual use?????

It's like why aren't FALs and G3s more popular. They're fine but they can't compare to a basic AR

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Name:  0E5892B8-F271-45CF-8205-B3A17E82F370.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  101.8 KB

You can’t plug-n-play parts. It’s workings require knowledge or a gunsmith.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Name:  0E5892B8-F271-45CF-8205-B3A17E82F370.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  101.8 KB

You can’t plug-n-play parts. It’s workings require knowledge or a gunsmith.
    To be fair, the C&S hammer & extended safety, then the BHP Spring Solutions SFS dropped right into my early 60's model with no fuss.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I guess my point was compared to polymer stuff or 1911’s, it requires a bit more skill and finesse. But you’re absolutely correct on the SFS parts (except that tiny spring). Lol

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    As I understand it, this set of parts is aimed primarily at the new Springfield P35, and will essentially allow installation without much gunsmithing.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    As I understand it, this set of parts is aimed primarily at the new Springfield P35, and will essentially allow installation without much gunsmithing.
    Thanks for the info. I haven’t looked into the Springfield much, but parts for the BHP from any source is certainly welcome!

User Tag List