Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NIB SIG P229 Legion Frame Scratch

Site Supporter
    I agree; put grease on it till you can’t see it anymore. Then shoot it till you see it again. Then reapply grease and repeat.

Ended up getting rid of the gun. Action didn’t feel really smooth either. I went back to Beretta. $700 92 had better fit and finish than the $1,350 SIG Legion and since I bought the 92 locally I could inspect before I bought.

The slide wear is not uncommon and eventually with time more of the anodizing will rub off. On some rentals I've seen, the rails are almost entirely shiny but they run fine. I just keep it lubed up with grease. I have some LE/MIL Legions, but even with the reduced size of the beavertail compared to the old P series Elites, I still find the beavertail annoying. So, I just used the slide assembly to make a "P226 Centurion" or "P229X." Only problem I've encountered so far is that the dustcover on the aftermarket frame is in between the heights of the standard P series rail frame and the MK25, so this has been a little bit of a chore to get a TLR-8AG lightbearing holster made for it with a perfect fit. If you had kept it, maybe you could have made a fun project with some of the parts.

Name:  20230116_213829.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  62.7 KB

Again this was below the frame rail not on it. I’ve owned SIGs since 1992 and never seen wear like this much less on a NIB gun. Furthermore, despite extensively checking for slide burrs and finding none, the slide to frame fit/sound when manipulating the slide didn’t sound right. Like no other SIG or alloy frame pistol I’ve previously owned. However, watching a couple YouTube videos of people showing their Black LE Legions it appears to be normal for these guns. On a $1,350 pistol no thanks!

User Tag List