Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: EDCLB vs. Modlite vs. Cloud Defensive

I finally got a BGV2 and was surprised at how better the performance is over the BGV1.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I finally got a BGV2 and was surprised at how better the performance is over the BGV1.
    The main advantage of the v.1 version is that it will operate on a single CR123 battery and produce 400 lumens. The v.2 only produces about half that on a CR123, but over 1,000 on a Li-ion cell.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

IMO the relatively floody beam of the BG requires a high-lumen (1000+) emitter.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

For fans of the MCH, Cloud just updated the full-size EDC and HC versions to be dual-fuel and programmable, so the end user isn't limited to choosing single-output or multi-mode at purchase time and being locked into that. I dig it, and I've ordered a new MCH-HC to replace my first-gen MCH. Also, the long-awaited steel deep-carry pocket clips are now available. If you've already purchased an MCH, you can pick one up for just the cost of shipping. They are much nicer than the Thyrm LPC that was provided as a placeholder.

Programmability:

The MCH is now fully programmable, by the end-user. This allows you, for the first time, full control over the output of the flashlight. Every MCh ships from the factory in Mode 1. But there are 4 other modes you can select, based on your needs. And you can change the programming anytime you want. So the MCH is more configurable than ever before.

Mode 1: High-only (100%)

Mode 2: Low (10%), High (100%)

Mode 3: High (100%), Low (10%)

Mode 4: Very Low (5%), Medium (30%), High (100%)

Mode 5: High (100%), Medium (30%), Very Low (5%)

The pocket clip looks great!

Not a fan of the programming function. In this case, you can no longer manually strobe the light without it going into programming mode (it looks like it only takes about five quick blips of the switch to do so). I'd be cool with a waterproof micro USB port (or Bluetooth capability) that can be used to change the programming via a smart phone app. This way, there's zero possibility of inadvertently changing the mode via the switch.

In my case, I'll happily pass on any programming (that I'd probably never use) for knowing the light is always going to activate on high, no matter what. I carry a second light for administrative use where multi-output or the ability to program has no downside.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Also, the long-awaited steel deep-carry pocket clips are now available. If you've already purchased an MCH, you can pick one up for just the cost of shipping. They are much nicer than the Thyrm LPC that was provided as a placeholder.
    @Casey How do you get the clip for just the cost of shipping? I have a Micro and I'd like to pick up the new pocket clip.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    The main advantage of the v.1 version is that it will operate on a single CR123 battery and produce 400 lumens. The v.2 only produces about half that on a CR123, but over 1,000 on a Li-ion cell.
    Why wont the v.1 support a 18350?

Why wont the v.1 support a 18350?
    It does, provides only 700 lumens vs. the v.2's 1,000+

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    It does, provides only 700 lumens vs. the v.2's 1,000+
    Will the E1HT support a 18350?

Will the E1HT support a 18350?
    No.

https://malkoffdevices.com/products/...00-1cr123-head

User Tag List