Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlas Athena

Site Supporter
    Being ignorant about Atlas, I perused their website. Do they manufacture frames and slides in house? My guess is they might obtain rough castings or forging and then machine them. Likewise, they might obtain parts from vendors who make items to certain specs. Any comments on their procedures?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Being ignorant about Atlas, I perused their website. Do they manufacture frames and slides in house? My guess is they might obtain rough castings or forging and then machine them. Likewise, they might obtain parts from vendors who make items to certain specs. Any comments on their procedures?
    Last I heard, Atlas (as well as Brazos, and Cheely when he had slides) started with Dasan slides in a basic profile and then did the slide cuts in-house. Atlas is trying to move slide production more in-house.

Other part sources that I know of:

Barrels: KKM
    Fire control parts (hammer, sear, disconnector): EGW
    Trigger: Geppert
    Ejector: EGW

I think they worked with EGW on the ejector design to work better with 9mm. I also know they worked with someone to get toolless guide rods made for 4.6" barrel guns like they make, but I don't know what company that is.

New model, Apollo

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List