Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlas Athena

Atlas Athena

I keep wanting to love my Staccato P, but I have never been able to gel with the pistol. Since May, I have been shooting a custom 2011 Open gun in 9 major, so I have been getting plenty of 2011 trigger time. All this Limited Ootics discussion, and a few Sage reviews, got me thinking about an Atlas. I decided to take the plunge, and recently received a new Athena.

My initial impression handling it out of the case, was it felt great in my hands. I threw an SRO on, and got to shoot it today. It shot great and feels wonderful in my hands. It has high thumb safeties that feel different and better, allowing mt to get my hands up high. The Atlas grip is awesome in grip angle and grip texture. Trigger really good for competition but lighter than I would want for EDC, not that this is my use for it. It split .15 for me in my first two doubles. No malfunctions in the 200 rounds I shot today. BUIS are usable but very low and not too sharp. Slide treatment is awesome. Really looking forward to shooting it more.

Name:  357747EC-18DD-4CEF-95D6-C71BEEB4F83F.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  CF64E5B0-8302-40F4-AB4D-ED29997A89C8.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  31.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Anticipating SAO for CO in '24?

I am a fan. My LGS always has a few in stock, but they are too rich for my blood. I do have Atlas mag springs in my Staccato mags so I will just have to flex with that.

Nice pistol, @GJM.

I also have an Athena and love it. I'm a big fan of those safeties and that grip. They're really well thought out.

Oh, also, you should try the 'stepped' grip panel on your weak hand side if you haven't already. Makes a really good grip module great.

I should also point out that the grip panels are available in aluminum, steel, or brass if you're trying to tune weight in the hand.

Thoughts on the Athena vs the Artemis? Buddy just bought an Artemis.

Artemis is a pretty sweet iron sight gun with the sightblock. I think it's supposed to be easier to track the irons that way than a conventional setup, plus the shorter slide is often preferred for the recoil characteristics. Would probably feel a little like an open gun with the lighter, faster slide and a bit of a barrel weight, but not having the gas-redirection benefits of the open setup.

I don't have any time behind one though because I'm pretty much 100% dot guns these days. I really, really want an Erebus.

ETA: There's apparently an optic-ready Artemis. My bad. Same comments about shorter slide and barrel weight from the sight block apply.

Tried the right side large insert today and think I prefer the stock panel, but will need to reinstall it and shoot again. The Athena continues to run, including with the 170mm mags I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Tried the right side large insert today and think I prefer the stock panel, but will need to reinstall it and shoot again. The Athena continues to run, including with the 170mm mags I tried.
    These are the stepped panels I mentioned, but maybe they don't always include them if you don't ask? https://atlasgunworks.com/product-de...product_detail

I recall asking for them specifically, so I don't know what a "standard order" is.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    These are the stepped panels I mentioned, but maybe they don't always include them if you don't ask? https://atlasgunworks.com/product-de...product_detail

I recall asking for them specifically, so I don't know what a "standard order" is.
    The one I installed was quite large, only the right side panel, and came in the bag with the pistol. These look different -- will check them out.

User Tag List