Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Staccato CS shipping?

Tried to watch the whole video, but my ADHD kicked in, so I sort of scrolled through it. Glad to hear that the accuracy issue was LIKELY optic plate installation issue, but would have loved them to properly reinstall the optic and shoot the pistol again to confirm that was what was causing the accuracy issues.

I was also underwhelmed with the ejection pattern, but, when you're getting into very short barrels on 2011s, I guess you gotta take what you get.

Lastly, why the actual F were they shooting at 50 yards PAST someone standing at the tents?

I stopped at Staccato today - I wanted to see the new Ranch and check out a CS. (I was hoping they would have a C on display, but no luck.) I really, really like the gripframe on the CS. I can see a CS or C with the smaller CS magazines in my future.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I stopped by a local gun store that had a couple CS's in stock. I gotta say, it felt really nice in the hand. My friend had just purchased a used one that came with 6 magazines for $2100 which seemed like a very good deal.

The only significant thing I didn't care for was that my support hand interfered with actuating the thumb safety. The base of my thumb was either pinched or it kept the safety from disengaging. There were a few other niggles but that was the main one.

And of course pulling it up, one time I did not fully engage the grip safety.........

Your not riding on top of the thumb safety?

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Your not riding on top of the thumb safety?
    Yes, my "strong" hand thumb is on top of the safety. The problem is the base of my support hand thumb which is underneath the safety.

Understood. Is ths size of the grip causing a "crowding" issue?

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Understood. Is ths size of the grip causing a "crowding" issue?
    I think it is more hand position than related to the grip size. There were three of us checking out the gun and I was the only one that had the issue. My friend pointed out that I rotated my support hand more “forward” then they did. This brought the “thumb base” part of my support hand higher on the frame. This cause it to contact the bottom of the safety. Hopefully this makes sense.

I suppose it could be somewhat grip size related as the interference was not as pronounced on the C or P models.

Thanks for the info. Havent run across one in the wild yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I think it is more hand position than related to the grip size. There were three of us checking out the gun and I was the only one that had the issue. My friend pointed out that I rotated my support hand more “forward” then they did. This brought the “thumb base” part of my support hand higher on the frame. This cause it to contact the bottom of the safety. Hopefully this makes sense.

I suppose it could be somewhat grip size related as the interference was not as pronounced on the C or P models.
    I have this issue with almost all manual safeties, and I do not rotate my hand forward much at all. Prefer a neutral wrist angle.

Mine came in from Staccato this week. I've put a few mags through it and it is worth every penny. I plan on putting a Holosun SCS Carry on it down the road but for the now the iron sights are doing just fine.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

User Tag List