Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato CS shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by zcap View Post
    I have been wondering about this as well and have been holding off on purchasing any new Staccatos this year as a result. Rumors are that Staccato will soon, supposedly within the next month or two, release new revisions of the P and C2 incorporating the CS style external extractor, dedicated 9mm magazines and slimmer grip modules. Brandon Strayer of Infinity has also been saying that slimmer grip modules with dedicated 9mm magazines are going to be a new trend in the double stack 1911 world.

If true this seems positive from a reliability and ergonomic perspective, but everyone with substantial investments in 2011 magazines and pistols with the old grip modules may not be that excited. Hopefully Staccato will offer an upgrade program.
    Has there been anything said about new revisions of the P and C2 from Staccato? Or are the rumors just from third parties?

I don't have IG or Facebook, so I miss out on all the videos that everyone pushes out. I'm strongly considering getting a C2 in the coming month, but I've been more and more looking at the CS.

I'd just hate to drop the money on a C2 just to find out they're moving onto a big revision.

Quote Originally Posted by ChknLivrNWsky View Post
    Has there been anything said about new revisions of the P and C2 from Staccato? Or are the rumors just from third parties?

I don't have IG or Facebook, so I miss out on all the videos that everyone pushes out. I'm strongly considering getting a C2 in the coming month, but I've been more and more looking at the CS.

I'd just hate to drop the money on a C2 just to find out they're moving onto a big revision.
    I have heard rumors but nothing concrete

I highly doubt we we will hear anything official until the release event, but ever since the CS release event whispers from industry insiders with ties to Staccato have been quite consistent both in what Staccato is releasing, C2 and P revisions with CS improvements, and approx when, later in 2023.

Applying the CS updates to their duty and carry lines seemingly makes a lot of sense. Also, as I alluded to earlier, Infinity recently saying that dedicated 9mm mags are going to be a big trend in the 2011 world adds further credence to the rumors.

In August Staccato updated CS lead times from 3 months to 6 months and removed customizations from the online CS configurator. I find the overnight near doubling of CS lead times to be interesting in the context of everything previously mentioned. Maybe Staccato had some sudden production issues or maybe they started diverting some production to the new models.

Given the current CS lead times and the $3,000 to 3,500 prices on GunBroker, I am going to wait for the C2 revision.

Wouldn’t a C2 with the CS upgrades (external extractor and frame sized for dedicated 9mm magazines) basically just be the CS with a quarter-inch longer barrel? Why have two guns that are so similar in the lineup?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Wouldn’t a C2 with the CS upgrades (external extractor and frame sized for dedicated 9mm magazines) basically just be the CS with a quarter-inch longer barrel? Why have two guns that are so similar in the lineup?
    Because businesses are in business to make money. They've sold a butt load of the "legacy" 2011 guns, owners of those are likely to stick with that platform, continue to buy accessories and keep up demand.

For folks like myself who love the 2011 concept but find the grip to be ever so slightly too big (leading to odd interaction with the grip safety in my case, mostly), I'd absolutely jump on a P-DPO pistol with the CS grip size/shape and dedicated 9mm magainzes.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The C2 barrel is 0.4" longer than the CS. I think the largest jump up in barrel length as you progress up the Staccato lineup is only 0.6" between the P and XC. Seems small, but additional barrel length and increased frame weights really do produce distinct shooting experiences with each the models.

That, and Glock has shown us you can make one design and sell it for decades by adjusting the length and width by a few tenths...

CS Optic Plates

Can anyone who has a CS confirm whether or not the CS uses the same Optic plates as the rest of the Staccato line? I'll be ordering an FCD plate for a CS soon, but the description says P, C, C2, XC. I'm assuming they just haven't updated the description yet.

Site Supporter
    I've been doing a lot of research trying to decide between a C2 or CS. I wasn't planning on ordering it until this winter anyways, so i'm going to hold out in hopes of a CS2.

I just ordered a CS. Does anyone know if Tenicor Certum 3 works with the CS?

I saw some posts on reddit saying people were using it, but I don't want to order one if it's not made for it, and Tenicor eventually comes out with one specific to the CS.

ETA: Tenicor's description says it'll work with P, C2, *C*, XC; if it works with the C then I'm assuming the dimensions of the CS aren't that much different from the rest of the line?

I just ordered a CS. Does anyone know if Tenicor Certum 3 works with the CS?

I saw some posts on reddit saying people were using it, but I don't want to order one if it's not made for it, and Tenicor eventually comes out with one specific to the CS.

ETA: Tenicor's description says it'll work with P, C2, *C*, XC; if it works with the C then I'm assuming the dimensions of the CS aren't that much different from the rest of the line?
    FWIW, my CS fits in my C2 size Velo4 just fine. Hell the CS locks into a Safariland made for a P, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh and same optics plates too.

User Tag List