Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Staccato CS shipping?

Thanks for sharing your impressions based on your experience. It is helpful in slaking my lust!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    2. I can't seem to get along with the beavertail safety. The gun just...doesn't want to sit well in my hand. I am absolutely not used to having moving pieces on the rear of the gun in the beavertail area. I taped the grip safety down with hockey tape and the gun feels far more solid in my hand. Yes, I know, this is controversial and i'm not entirely happy with it either.
    I noticed a couple instances when I was manipulating the CS in the store that the trigger pull got impossibly heavy......like it wouldn't move........because I had not activated the grip safety. It has been ~10+ years since I spent any time with a 1911 but I don't recall that being an issue back then. But this is probably just a software thing. I have bird hunted forever and switching off the safety on a shotgun as it is shouldered requires no conscious thought on my end. But manual safeties on handguns are just a challenge for me. I could certainly upgrade my software but I'm not sold on the cost/benefit given the limited time and resources at my disposal.

Every gun I have ever spent any time with had various niggles, some "large," some "small." My focus has been to minimize the niggles by addressing them or dealing with a minor annoyance. The probably of course is the returning thought of, "I bet this new blaster will be perfect this time......."

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I've only had the safety turn off once by accident (which TBH is one time too many).
    I asked a holster maker if a holster could be made that "automatically" engaged the manual safety. Not to relieve me of my own responsibility in the matter, but as a "belt and suspenders" approach. Their reply was that it was too much of a liability nightmare for them which I can certainly appreciate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I asked a holster maker if a holster could be made that "automatically" engaged the manual safety. Not to relieve me of my own responsibility in the matter, but as a "belt and suspenders" approach. Their reply was that it was too much of a liability nightmare for them which I can certainly appreciate.
    While I do not know about automatically engaging the safety, a holster can be designed to hold the safety in the on safe position when the gun is in the holster. The holster maker will need to know the specific thumb safety, since not all of them are positioned the same. I prefer this feature for carrying a gun with an ambi safety.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Looks like the Tenicor holsters do this. Here's a video of the functionality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ECfnPHQss

Check the Keepers Concealment website. They claim to have the automatic safety engagement at least for the "P".

https://keepersconcealment.com/store...ccato-p-keeper

"Keepers is proud to announce the newest edition to our keeper line, the Staccato P. This holster was engineered from the ground up to provide a stable ride, a consistent draw, and the maximum safety available. This has an integral RMR/Optics cut with shield. Our legendary low profile footprint, and in the tradition of our standard keepers for the 1911 platform, this also automatically engages the safety should you forget. Like all our Keeper holsters it comes standard with a 1.5 inch belt loop and two sets of wedges. *NOTE* THIS IS AVAILABLE AS A RIGHT HANDED HOLSTER ONLY."

I'm just waiting for @GJM to text me what he gets and then I'll prolly do the same
    #RESIST

User Tag List