Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato CS shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    Flat trigger in stock as of this post...
    https://www.freedomtrading.com/Stacc...501-000012.htm

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
    how are you liking yours? I am torn between a couple different options, I just am not comfortable carrying without a safety or long first trigger pull. Surgery messed up some of my dexterity and I want an extra margin of safety for my draw stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    how are you liking yours? I am torn between a couple different options, I just am not comfortable carrying without a safety or long first trigger pull. Surgery messed up some of my dexterity and I want an extra margin of safety for my draw stroke.
    So far, so good. Carried a C2 since January 2020. The sudden weight and girth reduction of the CS is quite satisfying. One person on youtube report that it's snappy, but I haven't noticed it. Accuracy is still the same as the C2. I really like the tool-less guide rod design. Trigger pull is still short and the safety disengages and engages with authority. It's a huge plus that the CS fits in my Tenicor AIWB holster. I had to get new mag carriers, though. Speaking of mags, the only shortcoming is that extra mags still aren't available for purchase.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I had the chance to handle a CS at the NRA Annual Meeting. The size makes more sense in person than on paper. I wear a medium size glove, and the length of the grip relative to my hand is very close to that of a Glock 19. I can get 3 fingers around the front, and the back extends almost but not quite to the bottom of the heel of my hand.

While a 4" barrel would seem to make more sense, the 3.5" barrel does not seem unreasonably short. Having carried a 3.5" G26 and a 3.1" P365 inside my waistband, 3.5" seems to be the minimum to provide really good stability.

The thinner profile as compared to the other double stack models is nice.

Local dealer had 4, and bam they were gone! Played with one, was really nice. So tempting! If Springfield makes one, or imagine a DWX this size!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So at ~1:30 he talks about how a 2011 magazine is longer than necessary for 9x19, and how the CS magazine's width was shrunken down to better fit it. But the CS mag is only in the CS, not the larger guns. Does anyone see Staccato redesigning the P into a "PS" that uses a CS-width magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    So at ~1:30 he talks about how a 2011 magazine is longer than necessary for 9x19, and how the CS magazine's width was shrunken down to better fit it. But the CS mag is only in the CS, not the larger guns. Does anyone see Staccato redesigning the P into a "PS" that uses a CS-width magazine?
    Hopefully. A 9mm specific magazine is a major reliability piece of the Wilson hi cap 9mm pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am curious IF a full-size gun that used the CS pattern magazine were to come along if we would see retrofit grip modules available to use them on current guns. I cannot gauge how popular this would be (especially as a guy with thirty 2011 magazines), but I think they would want some way to accommodate people that already have a gun.

I shoot 9 minor, 9 major and 38 super comp from my 2011 pistols. Since 9 minor and major is shorter in OAL than Super Comp, I use Atlas mags with the 9 loads, since they are slightly shorter internally than the internally longer MBX mags I use for Super Comp.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I am curious IF a full-size gun that used the CS pattern magazine were to come along if we would see retrofit grip modules available to use them on current guns. I cannot gauge how popular this would be (especially as a guy with thirty 2011 magazines), but I think they would want some way to accommodate people that already have a gun.
    I have been wondering about this as well and have been holding off on purchasing any new Staccatos this year as a result. Rumors are that Staccato will soon, supposedly within the next month or two, release new revisions of the P and C2 incorporating the CS style external extractor, dedicated 9mm magazines and slimmer grip modules. Brandon Strayer of Infinity has also been saying that slimmer grip modules with dedicated 9mm magazines are going to be a new trend in the double stack 1911 world.

If true this seems positive from a reliability and ergonomic perspective, but everyone with substantial investments in 2011 magazines and pistols with the old grip modules may not be that excited. Hopefully Staccato will offer an upgrade program.

User Tag List