Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eli Dicken Cleared of Charges, Praised by Police

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So with Eli we have a pretty clear case, Taco shooter and his anchoring execution shot - charges - who knows yet?
    I take exception to the term 'execution shot'. Can you prove that the armed robber was not dead yet or that he wasn't still moving? Can you prove that it was an 'execution shot'? How many times have we seen police shootings where the perp was shot a number of times but still lived?

So, if he was still moving and alive he still posed a potential threat. If he was already deceased the act of killing was done in the initial string of shots and that final shot could not be murder simply because you can't kill an already dead person. So in either case, the first, he still posed a threat. In the latter, it would not be murder, but rather a different crime such as desecrating a corps.

I posted this because this is pretty much what every juror on the Grand Jury would hear and also what they would hear on a regular jury as well. So considering the totality of the circumstances, is it worth dragging this man through the legal system over a misdemeanor?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    We have a thread on the taco shooter, do we not?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm honestly not sure what you are referring to... maybe my reference to the Houston incident conflated two things unclearly...

1. Using deadly force against an active shooter is rarely a bad thing.

2. In Houston, once the robber was, apparently, subdued, the GGWTG fired twice more. "Kill shot" and other concerning descriptors have been used to describe his actions, and the potential for those shots turning a "good shoot" into a problem for the good guy.

Hope that clarifies my previous comments. Attachment 100213
    Appreciate it. My reply was really around the "active" part of the post you quoted. Eli Dickens engaged someone already shooting, obviously quite different than the taqueria situation. I was unaware you were referring specifically to the shots on a downed suspect in the Houston incident. Thanks for clearing it up.

User Tag List