Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli Dicken Cleared of Charges, Praised by Police

Eli Dicken Cleared of Charges, Praised by Police

“By all indications, there was nothing special about Dicken. He was just a young car mechanic with a Glock. No specialized training. No formal preparation. No fancy equipment. His magazine was loaded with full metal jacket Blazer brass ammunition, and his pistol sights had actually been mangled in a motorcycle accident, weeks prior, and been filed down to make them functional again.”

The article also details the distance and cadence of the 8/10 rounds that were fired and hit. He closed the distance to within 10 yards which I think many people had assumed already.

Marksmanship, having the proper state of mind and deliberately applying them both made Eli successful that day. Interesting article that answers many questions some of us may have had.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/c...sed-by-police/

If this has already been posted or is in the wrong section feel free to move/delete.
    Last edited by cclark; 01-09-2023 at 09:26 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I know the media doesn't know or care, but Eli was not "cleared of charges" because there were never charges filed. There were actually never charges considered. It was a known good shoot before he left the scene to be interviewed. "Charges will not be filed" would be a more correct way to say it.

OP this is not aimed at you, I know you're simply repeating what the media released.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I didn't realize stopping an active mass murderer was morally controversial or a chargeable offense, especially outside of CA, NY, MA, IL and a few other liberal hellholes.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I didn't realize stopping an active mass murderer was morally controversial or a chargeable offense, especially outside of CA, NY, MA, IL and a few other liberal hellholes.
    As we saw a few days ago in Houston, there are ways to do it that even we would question in good faith.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

In many places it has to go before a Grand Jury or whatever the equivalent is in that jurisdiction.

Bear in mind that this language may vary by state, and statutes can be a bit different, but speaking in general, in most states:

Homicide is justifiable when committed by any person in a few different scenarios to include:
    When resisting any attempt to murder any person, or to do some great bodily injury upon any person.

That may not be exactly how a state statute reads, but it is generally close in many.

In many cases, having support of the LE, prosecutors, defense, etc, it helps immensely, but the process and documentation still needs to happen.

Glad the young man has had such a positive experience in this situation. It is not always the case. The shooting is very often not the most stressful part. Not by a long shot. The aftermath and fear of the unknown and consequences of such can absolutely be mental torture. Far worse than reliving the shooting.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    In many places it has to go before a Grand Jury or whatever the equivalent is in that jurisdiction.
    Indiana isn't such a place. The county prosecutor makes the call on their own, including if they are simply going to decide themselves (or one of their deputy prosecutors), request a special prosecutor, or use a Grand Jury. Almost no shootings that aren't police actions get anything other than prosecutor review.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Indiana isn't such a place.
    In Texas every single Felony level case has to go through a Grand Jury with the one exception that the defendant waives that requirement, ie "I did it so don't waste your time"...

Given a lot of them meet for like 15 minutes over donuts and coffee, hear the situation and vote 'no' and then get their free pass for missing work from the clerk.

Basically Felony level stuff isn't entirely left to a Prosecutor's discretion, at least not here.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    As we saw a few days ago in Houston, there are ways to do it that even we would question in good faith.
    Respectfully, we did not, given the "active" part of the post you quoted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    Respectfully, we did not, given the "active" part of the post you quoted.
    I'm honestly not sure what you are referring to... maybe my reference to the Houston incident conflated two things unclearly...

1. Using deadly force against an active shooter is rarely a bad thing.

2. In Houston, once the robber was, apparently, subdued, the GGWTG fired twice more. "Kill shot" and other concerning descriptors have been used to describe his actions, and the potential for those shots turning a "good shoot" into a problem for the good guy.

Hope that clarifies my previous comments. Name:  tiphat.gif
Views: 354
Size:  2.7 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    It will be interesting to see what happens in NY to the guy who intervened in Applebee's when a nut was slashing employees. He was licensed but clearly in violation of the CCIA for carrying in a location that did not have a permission to carry sign and carrying in restaurant that serves alcohol.

If he is not charged (possible) but perhaps loses his permit - what are the implications for the law in other cases. The law is the law.

So with Eli we have a pretty clear case, Taco shooter and his anchoring execution shot - charges - who knows yet? Applebee's good guy who used to be able to carry there but now in violation of a clearly unconstitutional law (or might be when Clarence gets of the originalist pot and sees the basic right as more important than the procedural dance and scolding the lower courts).

Also, Eli fire more that 5 shots - SHOW ME A CASE!

User Tag List