Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I accept the 2k round challenge...anyone else want to join me?

Thanks Max - wheeew man I would get my clock cleaned on that drill.....but sure would be fun to test at the range for sure. I would need to clear that with the range manager first since they dont allow rapid fire BUT I doubt my performance would even be considered rapid fire the time it would take me to acquire the targets and hit accurately.

Todd you smoked that thing man! Nice!
    G26 Gen 3 ~ I trust my LIFE with it

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Yep I shoot about 250 rounds per range trip per caliber, I only have a chance to get to the range once a week so it is gonna take me a while to get through the challenge. In my training journal I list the ammo I used at the range but I can add it here too. So far I have 150 rounds of Winchester White Box and 100 rounds of Federal Champion, all 180 gr 40 S&W and the 300 rounds of CCI Mini Mag through the 22.

Mike
    Excellent, this will be a fun test for both of us. I will also fire off probably 200 rounds this weekend and I estimate between 2-3 months to hit 2k on that pistol

I started a similar thread on another forum after I decided to put my GEN 4 G17 through it. I thought it would be fun, and give me another excuse to shoot a lot of rounds in a fairly short period of time. I also figured I'd see if anyone wanted to join me.

The result of the thread so far, has been 5 pages of mostly guys B****ing & Moaning, and other general nonsense.
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=621887

I had a sequence of terrible events happen since I decided to do it, so I'm not where I hoped I'd be, but I'm still going. I'm @ 300rds with no stoppages, nothing else of interest to note so far.

Happy shooting Meat - looking forward to all 3 of our results in a couple months

I've been contemplating doing the 2000 round test with my Kahr pm40. Not sure yet.... didn't see any pocket pistols in that thread but then again I just skimmed it.

Motivation??????

Guess it boils down to: can you afford it...and do you have a backup gun in case it seizes up in the process? If so, I think its the best idea for putting your trusted guns to the test!

I'll join ya, if you don't mind.

I just picked up a Sig P229 3 weeks ago, the one in my avatar picture; as of an hour ago I've got 225 rounds through it.

I got it used, so I don't know how many rounds it's already seen. But, we're on our way to a 2K round challenge

Awesome Zac - lets do it.
    And to be honest I dont think it really matters what the history on the gun is...new or used....obviously it will take a greater toll on a heavily used gun but the whole premise is...will it hold up under extremely dirty conditions!

Officially kicked off my first 192 rounds today at the range....and documented with a video. I guess I want to keep this thread dedicated to progress and updates through the 2k journey. I took a nice shot of it squeeky clean and looking nice. Today I fed it:

• 42 rounds of 9mm Federal JHP +P 124gr
    • 150 rounds of Fiocchi 115gr FMJ

Not a single hiccup

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
    Awesome Zac - lets do it.
    And to be honest I dont think it really matters what the history on the gun is...new or used....obviously it will take a greater toll on a heavily used gun but the whole premise is...will it hold up under extremely dirty conditions!
    I'd be more worried about the state of the springs, specifically recoil spring/mainspring. If you have a clapped out RSA it doesnt matter how clean or inherently reliable the gun is. Other small parts breakage should be taken into account when purchasing used.

User Tag List