Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun AEMS vs HE509T vs HS510C for Carbine

Holosun AEMS vs HE509T vs HS510C for Carbine

I am currently running an older HE503 GU on a 12.5” AR and looking at upgrading.

Which would you pick for carbine work from 80y and in with an emphasis on speed?

How noticeable is the increase window size of the AEMS over the HE509T?

Would the HE509T 32moa circle be a hinderance on a carbine vs the 65moa on the AEMS?

How would the HS510C compare to the others on a carbine for speed of acquisition?

Does any of these tend to have better glass or reticle clarity than the others?

If you had to pick one for an AR carbine or PCC which, would you pick and why?

The 509T has a fair amount of parallax and distortion, so much so that it would not be my choice for carbine use. The AEMS is what I’d go with.

@strow don’t forget about the 512 as an enclosed version of the 510 too.

The 509 is too small.

I like the lower mount of the 510/512 over the AEMS, but the AEMS is a fine choice too.

It’s a common choice for USPSA PCC.

Quote Originally Posted by strow View Post
    I am currently running an older HE503 GU on a 12.5” AR and looking at upgrading.

Which would you pick for carbine work from 80y and in with an emphasis on speed?

How noticeable is the increase window size of the AEMS over the HE509T?

Would the HE509T 32moa circle be a hinderance on a carbine vs the 65moa on the AEMS?

How would the HS510C compare to the others on a carbine for speed of acquisition?

Does any of these tend to have better glass or reticle clarity than the others?

If you had to pick one for an AR carbine or PCC which, would you pick and why?
    I think the AEMS is very innovative and makes a lot of sense, but I haven't had the chance to get one. On your HS503GU, I think that was one of Holosun's best optics and they should never have discontinued it. The killer feature of the HS503GU is that the height between the mounting interface and the glass is the exact same as the Aimpoint T1/T2, which makes mount selection very easy. It has protected turrets and a very low profile and easy to use battery compartment. I run it on my home defense carbine on a GDI mount and it's been great for many years now. If you ever decide to sell it, please PM me first. If the timing is right I'd buy it for a backup as they are hard to come by now.
    Last edited by stomridertx; 01-08-2023 at 05:40 PM.

510/512 feels like a good USPSA PCC optic and the AEMS feels like Holosun's answer to an Eotech EXPS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

AEMS 100%. It has the best glass.

Thank you for the replies!

Besides the cost is there anything the 512 does better than the AEMS? I know the 512 is absolute vs AEMS 1/3 co-witness.

The 503 has been a good optic and the reason I'm looking at the Holosun's again.

Quote Originally Posted by strow View Post
    Thank you for the replies!

Besides the cost is there anything the 512 does better than the AEMS? I know the 512 is absolute vs AEMS 1/3 co-witness.

The 503 has been a good optic and the reason I'm looking at the Holosun's again.
    I like the shape and slightly larger window of the 512.

Holosun sells a $45 low AEMS mount.

I don’t want a high mount and the extra weight doesn’t bother me so I’m happy with the 512. I’ve seen them as low as $300 on close out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    AEMS 100%. It has the best glass.
    But it also had done weird emitter reflections in certain lighting conditions which have not been observed in the 510/512.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I like the shape and slightly larger window of the 512.

Holosun sells a $45 low AEMS mount.

I don’t want a high mount and the extra weight doesn’t bother me so I’m happy with the 512. I’ve seen them as low as $300 on close out.
    The new version is $500 ish so get them while you can.

User Tag List