Quote Originally Posted by joshrunkle35 View Post
I have used all 3 types. 3 point's immediately get tangled in your mags if you're running a chest rig. I keep one on a "fun" .22 trainer at home, since it's comfortable and I don't actually "train" with that gun. IMO, it has almost zero real world usage.

I ran single point for a long time, but have recently switched to two point: a vicker's BFG. The only thing I really can't do is switch shoulders quickly. It takes about 2.5 seconds to switch shoulders with the two point, where I could switch around 1 second in a single point. How many times do you actually switch shoulders under pressure for the advantage? Maybe only if you're competing and there's no true penalty for failure (ie: no one dies if you screw up), or you're truly ambidextrous. Two point has so many added advantages with an M4, I haven't looked back. I would definitely stay single point with a smaller, lighter weapon like an MP5, though.
You raise a good point. The size/weight of the weapon, at least for me, determines what I use. On my 10.5"AR, I use a single point. On the FAL... well, it gets a Vickers because that one will bang you in the knees, toes, and everywhere else on a single point sling.