Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Single or double point slings for M4 style carbines?

Single or double point slings for M4 style carbines?

What do you guys use and why?

Double. Keeps the carbine from banging my body and going weird places.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Double. Keeps the carbine from banging my body and going weird places.
    Same. Plus most of the current designs that are out there will allow you to take up some slack to improve stability in various positions.

Also being able to secure the gun to your back and not bang it into rocks and whatnot when climbing is a plus.

My guns are setup to run single point if I really want to, but I dont find myself unclicking the 2 point slings and changing over very often.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

90% of the time and adj 2-point like a VCAS or VTAC; however, for pure CQB/entry work, a single point does work well.

Double simply because a carbine for me is for fun (in classes) and classes are 8 hours a day and a 2 point is easier to carry the gun for long periods.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Both. I have an Emdom sling that allows me to do either. Kinda like the Magpul MS3. Which variation depends on what I'm doing at he time.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The first time your single point sling introduces your rifle to your testicles the cool factor wears off. 2 point sling please.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

I run a single point and have never had my testicles introduced to my gun thru several 3 day classes.

Control the gun out of the way with your support hand during transition and it may bang your knee, but not your wee nee.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    I run a single point and have never had my testicles introduced to my gun thru several 3 day classes.

Control the gun out of the way with your support hand during transition and it may bang your knee, but not your wee nee.
    Maybe it's a surface area thing?
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Maybe it's a surface area thing?
    Nice. Well played sir. well played!
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

User Tag List