Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: RDS for G43X/48 MOS

RFI: RDS for G43X/48 MOS

So I am liking the RDS a lot. Enough that I want to get a replacement for my non-MOS 48 to compliment my current 19.5 MOS but with deeper concealment in mind.

The issue I have is that 'analysis paralysis' has set in. I am looking for a durable RDS that will allow lower-edge cowitness but not create a concealment concern if the RDS starts climbing higher due to a plate requirement.

What I have found:

Shield RMSC - accomplishes stated requirements especially EASY iron sight selection, potential durability issues?

Holosun EPS Carry - looks like I need a plate and as such may need higher sights, I like the enclosed emitter a lot. Overall height concern.

Trijicon RMRcc - I am presuming the same ruggedness of the RMR Type II, needs a plate and as such higher sights. Overall height concern.

If anyone is running a G43X/48 MOS with any of the above I would appreciate your input.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have 2x 43s and 2x 48s, one of each with an RMRcc, and one of each with the 507k.

No issues with either optics to note but I don't exactly abuse them a lot. I am more or less happy with both but the 507ks were much cheaper and I do think I like the circle-dot reticle on a tiny gun/optic screen. Both of them have frankly unacceptable auto-adjust features so I basically fix them to one setting when I am carrying them and forget it.

I will note that I had existing irons-only pistol slides milled for optics so the concerns about optic height were not really too relevant in my situation.

Holosun 407K or EPS Carry.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    ... to compliment my current 19.5 MOS...
    What optic do you have on the 19.5 MOS?

The EPS carry will come packaged with the proper plate for a 48 MOS if that helps, even with plate it is still low enough to use factory irons.
    An EPS carry with the plate will still be lower than the lowest mounted RMRcc.

If I'm not mistaken, an EPS Carry will direct mount to the G43x MOS without a plate. If that's the case, that seems like a pretty good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, an EPS Carry will direct mount to the G43x MOS without a plate. If that's the case, that seems like a pretty good option.
    Are you sure? I have not seen that mentioned anywhere but your post.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Are you sure? I have not seen that mentioned anywhere but your post.
    I’m not sure at all. I just looked at some website that claimed the EPS Carry uses and RMSc footprint which direct mounts to the 43X MOS. I’m going 100% off google foo.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    I’m not sure at all. I just looked at some website that claimed the EPS Carry uses and RMSc footprint which direct mounts to the 43X MOS. I’m going 100% off google foo.
    My recollection is that the 43X will take a shield RMSc without a plate, but to mount a Holosun, 507 or 407K, it requires an adapter plate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My recollection is that the 43X will take a shield RMSc without a plate, but to mount a Holosun, 507 or 407K, it requires an adapter plate.
    That’s my understanding as well. The MOS slimline guns have two sets of recoil lugs. The rear ones need to be milled flat and the fronts need to be shortened to fit a Holosun K footprint.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List