Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: HK micro 9

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    So the FCU is the serialized part, like the P365.

It has the hole in the backplate like the VP9. It’s probably too much to hope for a protrusion like on the Walther PPS M1…

Interesting tidbit is he said the trigger is a bit different? Maybe partially cocked?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Interesting tidbit is he said the trigger is a bit different? Maybe partially cocked?
    That occurred to me too.

It seems they’re focusing on providing various options via the modular grip-frames; maybe they will offer a safety as an option? Maybe not…
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Because customers don’t want them. As @HCM is fond of saying, gun companies exist to make money, not guns. If the customer base wanted striker fired guns with manual safeties, the manufacturer would sell them. Just look at the P320 contract for the US military. They have safeties because that was required in the contract. If HK tried to win a contract that required a manual safety, they’d make a gun that had one.
    *cough*P365*cough*
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Apparently so.

It just seems to me that including the option of a safety wouldn't preclude sales to those who didn't want a safety. And you'd gain the minority segment of customers of who did. But... that's probably a drop in the bucket.

Sure is lonely down here in this bucket.
    It would preclude. Personally I don't buy anything with manual safeties and avoid those specific models. I don't want to accidentally bump it on. Besides, if I'm drawing the gun the safety is coming off anyway and if it's holstered I have full confidence the trigger won't pull itself

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    It would preclude. Personally I don't buy anything with manual safeties and avoid those specific models. I don't want to accidentally bump it on. Besides, if I'm drawing the gun the safety is coming off anyway and if it's holstered I have full confidence the trigger won't pull itself

I mean if you could buy the same gun with or without the safety. You’d buy it without. I’d buy it with. We’d both be happy. And theoretically they’d sell an extra gun to someone who wasn’t getting the version they wanted.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post

It’s just that transition from in hand to holstered that can cause problems…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

1 inch thick, 10 round mini VP9. Might be interesting. I hope the trigger is a bit heavier, or at least takes more effort to break than the VP9's.

Looks excellent. It will be nice to have a quality micro-9 option that isn't being beta tested on the public.

I think I want one with paddles, no RDS cut and no rail. Keep it slick.

Paddles. Woot! I'm in.

User Tag List