Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: HK micro 9

I’d love to see this form factor in LEM. Dreamin’…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Regardless of the fact that putting thumb pressure on it wouldn’t do anything for you when reholstering, the striker does not actually protrude beyond the witness hole anyway, on any SFP/VP variant. It’s just visible, with a red paint dot on the rear of the striker, allowing the operator to see if the pistol is cocked.

It’s not like a P7 where the striker actually does protrude from the back of the slide when the cocker is engaged.

No. The TR variant is simply a heavier and longer trigger pull than the SF variant, and this is nothing new on the platform, it has been an option in Europe from day one.
    Gotcha.

So unless this ends up being some kinda completely new striker setup for HK… a “thumbable” striker indicator ain’t gonna be a thing.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

There were at least five significant changes and revisions to the P365 in the first 18 months after the release of the product. Those addressed absolute failure points (broken striker tips and broken trigger return springs) and each of those had at least three (striker) and two (TRS) successive changes respectively, afterward.

Severe primer wipe on ejection, combined with incorrect striker tip design, was linked to the initial significant failures. One revision added shoulder support to the tip, another changed the impact point of the striker with the breechface, and a third changed other aspects of the striker body itself to resolve broken sears that cropped up after the second revision.

Yes, more than four years later, I agree it’s sorted out, but there certainly were issues with the early guns.

As far as I am aware, the VP9 had one change- the weight of the recoil spring- after initial introduction.

That was my point in bringing that up. Virtually every new gun gets revisions of some sort, but you tend to see this less with HK pistols, and I am not aware of any widespread defects that prevent function on any modern HK pistol, so for me personally I would trust them to have it correct at launch.
    After they ever fixed the dead trigger issue with the VP9?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    After they ever fixed the dead trigger issue with the VP9?
    You mean the one where you whack it in a particular way with a mallet? That is not a real-world issue in my personal experience.

You mean the one where you whack it in a particular way with a mallet? That is not a real-world issue in my personal experience.
    I thought GJM could induce it with a forceful reload?

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    I did, to the VP9 and PPQ.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    I certainly won’t say it isn’t possible, and if GJM says it happened then it most assuredly did- but in shooting seven different VP9 pistols in about 50 USPSA matches, several training classes, and countless range sessions since 2019, where I always slam the reload hard enough to auto-drop the slide, I have never experienced anything like that- or any other mechanical issue of any kind. One of those pistols has over 30k rounds on it and still zero issues.

Every design has a weak spot of one kind or another, but I have yet to encounter one on this particular platform. There are an awful lot of these pistols out there, and there hasn’t been anything like the issues we have seen on other popular platforms.

I certainly won’t say it isn’t possible, and if GJM says it happened then it most assuredly did- but in shooting seven different VP9 pistols in about 50 USPSA matches, several training classes, and countless range sessions since 2019, where I always slam the reload hard enough to auto-drop the slide, I have never experienced anything like that- or any other mechanical issue of any kind. One of those pistols has over 30k rounds on it and still zero issues.

Every design has a weak spot of one kind or another, but I have yet to encounter one on this particular platform. There are an awful lot of these pistols out there, and there hasn’t been anything like the issues we have seen on other popular platforms.
    Pretty sure they were slide forward reloads.

Reminds me if the difference between a recession and depression. Recession is when someone you know loses their job, but a recession is when you lose your job.

Didn't we have someone that went to the group in LE hand to hand, and got a dead trigger?

.....as long as the FPS is functioning....and one doesn't fall down ( or otherwise knock) on a gun not for gaming.....

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just read the entire PDF, very interesting. 10 round base capacity, so I’m guessing this will be in the P365 size range. I’m hoping it has a protruding striker, too.
    Yes, just do this.

Lots of cool stuff on the page: https://www.heckler-koch.com/de/unte...downloads.html

The specific doc you want for this topic: https://www.heckler-koch.com/no_cach...wnload%5D=1220
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List