Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: HK micro 9

That is gonna be pretty cool. Imagine an SFp9 cc “macro” When I compare my VP9sk beside my P365 macro, they are the same size in length and height. I can get a better grip on the 365, it is thinner and lighter with more capacity, and more comfortable in the waistband. The modular FCU will give them a lot of options.

I am interested in the “different” trigger commented in in the video. Lastly, they should be abaikable 3rd quarter 2023 per James’ TFB blurb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    It does change the recoil impulse, ‘cause physics. Whether it changes performance is an individual thing.
    The differences people attribute to bore axis are largely subjective and based on feeling. Much of this is due to the difference in "timing" between the shooter and the gun. By timing, I mean the various characteristics of the recoil impulse, lockup time, speed and mass of the slide, etc. Once a shooter adapts to that different timing, the differences are usually negligible at best.

I'm really interested to see more about the FCU and frame design. I'm hoping the modular frame is designed in such a way that it can easily be picked up by the aftermarket for new designs to a similar degree as the P320 and P365 have seen.

I hope the market and agency sales make this a successful gun. I'm buying one regardless. I say that only for the selfish hope that the success + their newfound FCU design experience will coalesce in the future with some mythical, agency/gov RFP for a new hammer gun. The outcome being a new modular frame/FCU hammer gun with the versatility of HK's TDA action. A modular FCU LEM hammer gun is my white whale. (may be a cautionary tale; e.g. don't follow me! lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    …will coalesce in the future with some mythical, agency/gov RFP for a new hammer gun. The outcome being a new modular frame/FCU hammer gun with the versatility of HK's TDA action. A modular FCU LEM hammer gun is my white whale. (may be a cautionary tale; e.g. don't follow me! lol)
    Be still my heart.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    We just have to wait for @GJM to get his, and we'll know.
    "Don't care, it's an HK and I'm buying one" seems to fit.

Also, it looks like a slide lock behind the take-down lever, but no slide lock detent on the slide itself. Safety?

Quote Originally Posted by 2xAGM114 View Post
    Also, it looks like a slide lock behind the take-down lever, but no slide lock detent on the slide itself. Safety?
    I think the slide lock notch is the little shadow even with the "S" in the SFP9CC stamp... It's small but if my eyes don't deceive me it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well I got real bored tonight, so I went and look at the original Patent Application again. It seems they have a front on view. Which, if you assume is to scale, includes a 9mm muzzle...which you could use to estimate sizes?

So I took the patent image, snagged an image of it, saved it as a jpeg, then dropped it onto a Libre Office Drawing file. I then scaled it, overall, lining the muzzle up with a known 9mm (0.35") size circle, by eye. I then overlaid a 1" grid to help estimate size, and inserted a block representing the approximate size of the magazine (about 0.88" x 3 1/2"). This is what I came up with:

Attachment 99752

So I think it's conceptually possible a VP9SK mag will fit in a pistol the size of this VP9CC (?), at least from graphically estimating from the patent drawings...
    If you look at the indentations on the frame, I would say they are suggestive of a similar design to the P365 magazines that taper in at that point. I don't expect magazine commonality with the other pistols in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    This is an underrated news flash.

Ever since the 17-round mags that used to be 15 rounds came out, I’ve been wondering why they didn’t increase the capacity of the VP9SK/P30SK 13-round mags with the built-in sleeve to 15 rounds. And why they didn’t sell a 17-round mag with the larger sleeve rather than still just 15. I even called HK a year ago or so to ask, in a more polite manner, WTF.

Now they have! Sold out (or not in stock yet), but they’re now on the web store. And the 10-rounders are now 12.

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefront/hk/en/

This may tie into @RJ’s theory that the the micro HK possibly in the works will take the same mags as the SKs. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1438622
    13 rounders that are now 15-rounders in stock.

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...ine/p/50257860

User Tag List