Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIA 5.0 - a genuinely new cool handgun design

RIA 5.0 - a genuinely new cool handgun design

Really excited for this one. Internal hammer fired with novel recoil system, square barrel, and super low bore axis.

https://americanhandgunner.com/handg...revolutionary/

Interesting indeed.

Hopefully Gun Jesus will do a review of how the mechanism works that actually makes sense.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

American made apparently

I read article earlier today

FWIW: The locking design is covered by US Patent #10,018,433B2.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10018433B2

The bevel on the end of the guiderod meets an opposing bevel within the "piston" locking piece, camming it vertically out of alignment with the front of the barrel. The piston is held in place by the dustcover of the frame. The piston cannot move down to unlock until it clears the crosspin seen at the bottom front corner of the frame. The crosspin also helps return the piston upwards to its locked position as the slide and barrel go back into battery.

I like it! I hope they sell a billion of them.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

This is absolutely wild.

Besides the Laugo Alien, Strike 1 and the nightmare Hudson H9...this is probably the fourth, potentially mass produced (mainstream) new recoil system created in the past what...ten, fifteen, maybe twenty years?

This is really, really neat. I really hope this thing works and it shoots well.

Now *that* is interesting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

That’s really neat. I hope it proves reliable. I’m also hoping @JCN gets one and tells us all about it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

It will be interesting to see how the lock up moved forward effects recoil feel and muzzle rise. Nice to see companies try new designs. It does seem like it would be heavier than similar sized guns.

User Tag List