Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RIA 5.0 - a genuinely new cool handgun design

It a world of plastic wonder 9mm I applaud anyone that tries something new. Whether it's worth it in terms of recoil reduction or something else is yet to be seen but A for effort so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Clicked thread expecting to hate.

Initial thought turned out to be “do not hate”.
    It’s a product representing out-of-the-box thinking, bearing a modern feature set, being produced by a manufacturer with a decent (as of late) reputation for consistent, high-volume manufacture at a price normal people can afford.

It’s not a revamp of an old design, another “not-a-Glock” polymer gun, a microcompact 9mm, a doublestack 1911 from a company known for half-baked product launches, or vaporware from a tiny unknown business.

It’s nice to see something like this every once in a while.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    40 ounces for aluminum chassis and polymer grip, seems to me you're right
    That's the same weight as my SP01 Tactical. Too heavy for my carry gun but a joy to shoot, even with a .40 slide.

I really am intrigued by this thing. I’m not a gamer anymore, and doubt I will be again - but sometimes having a gamer style range gun is a lot of fun. @JCN, did they give you an ETA?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I really am intrigued by this thing. I’m not a gamer anymore, and doubt I will be again - but sometimes having a gamer style range gun is a lot of fun. @JCN, did they give you an ETA?
    I haven’t heard anything yet from the distributor but looks like they’re all sold out now so it was more than just vaporware.

I don’t know if it was allotment from a shipment that isn’t there yet or if they just have to box and process the dozens of orders they got all at once… will let you know when I hear something.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I haven’t heard anything yet from the distributor but looks like they’re all sold out now so it was more than just vaporware.

I don’t know if it was allotment from a shipment that isn’t there yet or if they just have to box and process the dozens of orders they got all at once… will let you know when I hear something.
    I was considering replacing my 34.4 with a 34.5, but to be honest this looks like a lot more fun!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM0Y8ZqAHeo

The first video of the gun I have found that shows the take down and reassembly with unique parts and locking system. He also seems to have much less recoil than other shooting videos of it.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM0Y8ZqAHeo

The first video of the gun I have found that shows the take down and reassembly with unique parts and locking system. He also seems to have much less recoil than other shooting videos of it.
    I’m interested to shoot it at faster splits. Watching the muzzle movement, it seems a little over sprung for the ammo people are shooting with typical nose dive past zero.

Will be very interesting to see.

Look interesting, but, if I'm hearing this correctly, it's a Single Action Only hammer fired pistol with a 3.5# trigger and NO manual safety? What could possibly go wrong?

Kidding aside, it looks like there's plenty of movement in the trigger, so maybe that's all the "safety" you need?

Can't wait to hear JCN's report.

User Tag List