Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why I HATE pistol red dot sights…

I use C-More Red Dot Sights and have never had one go out of zero after shooting hundreds of thousands of rounds. If you decide you are having too much trouble with your optics get a GREEN Fiber Optic and live with it. The green is the first color the eyes pick up and stays bright even in a low light indoor shooting range.

Last month I switched to irons for Steel Challenge and shot better than my optic average. That sight never moved and I was able to pick it up much faster.

BTW I've been shooting dots since the 70 and really believe in them. My first Vortex Venom had the same problem you describe. I sent it back in three times before I asked them to replace the sight with a Viper. No problems with the Viper on any of my guns.

For the Holosun communication issue I’d suggest joining the Holosun Optics Users and Holosun Optics Knowledge groups on Facebook. There’s several reps in there and some employees, they can get you straightened out.

Update: the 407k that I got from someone works good so far. Mounted, zeroed, and did my own little “drop test” by tossing it on the bed multiple times. Don’t really trust dipping these on the ground but if they can’t survive being thrown on a bed a few times, I don’t want them. BUT, the optic had no problems and maintained zero.

Quote Originally Posted by philpac33 View Post
    For the Holosun communication issue I’d suggest joining the Holosun Optics Users and Holosun Optics Knowledge groups on Facebook. There’s several reps in there and some employees, they can get you straightened out.
    Appreciate you letting me know but I’m done with holosun as a company except for buying slightly used optics from people. I was finally able to get an email through to them and 48 hours later no answer. I shouldn’t have to hear about their FB group by sheer luck and then have to go through all that BS just to talk to them. Bad customer service! But still, thank you for trying to help me though!

FWIW, I had good luck with Trijicon’s customer service. I called them last spring when one of my SROs died (after 3 years of comp shooting) and within the hour had an email with RMA to ship the RDS back to them on their dime, and within 5 weeks had it returned to me. I was quoted 6-8 weeks. The paperwork said they replaced the electronics plus for some reason they also replaced the lens.

A year or two ago I called Trijicon about a replacement o-ring for the SRO battery cap. I mangled it replacing the battery and was just looking to buy one. They sent me one for free.

So I’m pretty happy with Trijicon’s products and CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Appreciate you letting me know but I’m done with holosun as a company except for buying slightly used optics from people. I was finally able to get an email through to them and 48 hours later no answer. I shouldn’t have to hear about their FB group by sheer luck and then have to go through all that BS just to talk to them. Bad customer service! But still, thank you for trying to help me though!
    I’m in the same frame of thought after seeing a couple 507Ks go down. There was clearly a HS issue, and they refused to warranty it.

That said, apparently Big Tex Ordinance will handle the warrant mess for you if you buy an optic from them. I’ll be going through them from here out. I’ve got a 507C x2 that’s lost some of its brightness, so I may try out their warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    I’m in the same frame of thought after seeing a couple 507Ks go down. There was clearly a HS issue, and they refused to warranty it.

That said, apparently Big Tex Ordinance will handle the warrant mess for you if you buy an optic from them. I’ll be going through them from here out. I’ve got a 507C x2 that’s lost some of its brightness, so I may try out their warranty.
    Good to know; thanks!

So, put 300rds thought his new (to me) optic this morning and its good to go.

My 365Xl and 365xl-macro now have seemingly reliable optics on them. I have another macro coming soon but I’m going to leave that one stock. Probably leave my regular 365 stock too so its as small as possible for the rare time I want something tiny.

Might go ahead and buy a sig optic for my P320 and give sig a chance.

I had issues with my OEM SIG Romeo1 on my P320 RX X Carry during a match; it initially would work, and then go out, and then come back on, and then off. SIG was great about it-they had me send the old one in on their dime, and replaced it with a Variant 5 Romeo1, which has behaved impeccably to date.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I had issues with my OEM SIG Romeo1 on my P320 RX X Carry during a match; it initially would work, and then go out, and then come back on, and then off. SIG was great about it-they had me send the old one in on their dime, and replaced it with a Variant 5 Romeo1, which has behaved impeccably to date.

Best, Jon
    While their QC is hit or miss, I can honestly say their customer service seems great.

I've been on an optic buying spree lately. I have five recent mfg. Holosuns and one Sig optic that I needed to buy with the pistol to get the version I wanted of the P365XL with a dovetailed rear sight.

I don't have particularly bad luck, but I do use my stuff and some of it breaks. Of the six optics, three have failed in some way in <2K rounds, usually less.

The Sig Romeo 0 Elite in my opinion is hot garbage. Didn't last 200 rounds. Won't use it again.

The Holosuns have been okay so far. I have one SCS that won't turn on or off any longer (activation button is kaput) on its way back to California now and a 507C that randomly and momentarily flickers on/off that I've got to drop in the mail too. Both would've been fine if I needed to shoot them, it's more annoying issues than complete failures.

I've had some zero issues but all related to the mounting, not the optic itself. For me the screws haven't lasted thousands of rounds without loosening. So, I need to check them often and re-loctite. Many of the Holosun screws need filed down to fit properly.

I'm still mostly sold on slide mounted RDS, but I do think evolution is needed in mounting systems.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That sounds discouraging for sure. Still, the benefits to my accuracy are so stupid over irons that I wouldn’t quit on them. YMMV obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yep same. Truly night and day

Ive had a few holosuns that were broken out of the box, once replaced, they've worked fine. No issues holding zero or anything with my Trijicon or Aimpoint RDSes

User Tag List