Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I HATE pistol red dot sights…

@Warped Mindless

I'm with you. I need to summarize my thoughts on the issue sometime. However, I currently don't have the patience for the internet telling me that my personal experience is wrong and invalid.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    No, the physical optic body will shift and it’s sometimes hard to tell from the outside.

But it’s markedly different of a zero like 6-10” sometimes.

Basically take the optic off and hand thread the screws into the plate.

Make sure they’re the right pitch and double check the length isn’t too long.

If it is, grind down the ends of the screws with a file or a Dremel.

This is a common thing with Holosuns and some of the P365s, IIRC.
    Everything looks fine to me.

I’m going to try calling holosun tomorrow. If they want to take a look at the RDS and either fix it or replace it then I’ll give it another shot. Otherwise I’m just going back to irons.

While I shoot better with the dot it’s really not worth all the money or hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    @Warped Mindless

I'm with you. I need to summarize my thoughts on the issue sometime. However, I currently don't have the patience for the internet telling me that my personal experience is wrong and invalid.
    I’d love to hear your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    @Warped Mindless

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I’d love to hear your experiences.
    There is a learning curve to mounting and using RDS as well.

But IMO, after picking up that knowledge and familiarity it’s a piece of cake.

I’m probably 80k+ rounds on RDS pistols and have only had one brand of optic actually fail.

Everything else has been a function of mounts or batteries and not the optic itself.

Optics have gotten a lot better. My wife and I broke +/- 32 Delta Point pro optics, working out the fix to them.

Early on, a significant percentage of Holosun optics broke out of the box. Much less now. I don't see them losing zero.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Reading all of that, i can't say I blame you.

I haven't had that issue but if I did I would be frustrated as well. They truly are a great tool if they work. I make sure I follow other people recommendations for mounting. My 509t mounted very easily.

This is how I ended up in Limited in 2018 after I decided that Production was over. I went through 4 DPPs in three months and said fuck it, I needed irons. But red dots are getting better very quickly. It is a future, don't get discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Optics have gotten a lot better. My wife and I broke +/- 32 Delta Point pro optics, working out the fix to them.

Early on, a significant percentage of Holosun optics broke out of the box. Much less now. I don't see them losing zero.
    I remember those posts. Is the DPP solid now or is it still not GJM proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I remember those posts. Is the DPP solid now or is it still not GJM proof?
    They did fix the problem, which was an undersized decal. The DPP was great technology circa 2015, but is has been obsoleted, and I haven't shot one in a few years. It is unusual for me to see others shooting them in USPSA these days. I really don't know if they are holding up -- I don't hear complaints, but so few are shooting them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List